Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security forms?

Kal_Stu

Lantern Swinger
Hey, has anyone been told they have to re-do their security forms by email instead of paper?

If so can you tell me please how you got the forms to load on the site? It doesnt load and I have tried on 5 different computer/laptops now.

Can anyone also tell me if the Glasgow office is open as I keep getting told it is not available when I try to phone.

Thank you kal

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Security Clearance is indeed now completed online....supposedly.

It's been mayhem up & down the country unfortunately & the Defence Vetting Agency carries the following message on their homepage;

DVA said:
Some customers are experiencing e-form portal issues. As an interim measure customers that have their sponsor ID can submit the hardcopy NSV001 . This is a short term solution whilst DVA investigate and resolve the issues and we will update the internet accordingly. DVA will endeavour to email sponsor ID’s to pre-registered customers that currently do not have them over the next 2 working week’s allowing for the Easter break and if we are able to contact the customer.

The form NSV001 can be dowloaded by your AFCO, printed off, completed by the applicant & posted to the DVA in the same manner as the old Mod Form 1109, but with a few extra pages added for good measure.

Ah, progress...

Good innit?

A

angrydoc

Yet another sparkling example of MOD IT - outsourced to the cheapest (and crappest) bidder.

ellebee

Badgeman
I must be one of the lucky ones, i filled mine in and submitted it really easily...now it's just in progress!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Still done on paper at some AFCOs, filled mine in for a second time recently.

Odds are that if it wasn't inputted at DVA before 05 April for processing, you may find yourself having to complete the e-form or complete the hard copy of the form.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Bear in mind DVA have been returning completed Security Questionnaires submitted before the supposed deadline.

It maybe worth checking with your AFCO.

ellebee

Badgeman
Mine (for the second time) was definitely submitted before that supposed deadline so I wouldn't count on it that it's done and dusted!

Rem3pt

MIA
Aye, compared to some on here i actually ask my AFCO if i need to know something. And all is well, so could just be differen't parts of the country.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Obviously not the case in this instance if recently confirmed by the AFCO however what some applicants fail to appreciate is that the Security Questionnaires are not always subnitted to the Defence Vetting Agency upon receipt from the candidate.

The reason for this is that SC is (currently) only valid 12 months & cost a couple of grand. Some AFCOs may wait until an applicant is within 12 months of a potential entry date before applying (or renewing) an SC.

bryan

Lantern Swinger
mine is the same, says it wont load, have tried on a few computers too, wrong PDF file i think x

Security Clearance is indeed now completed online....supposedly.

It's been mayhem up & down the country unfortunately & the Defence Vetting Agency carries the following message on their homepage;

The form NSV001 can be dowloaded by your AFCO, printed off, completed by the applicant & posted to the DVA in the same manner as the old Mod Form 1109, but with a few extra pages added for good measure.

Ah, progress...

Good innit?

Er excuse me, would someone mind translating that.

soleil

War Hero
mine is the same, says it wont load, have tried on a few computers too, wrong PDF file i think x

bjb

Make sure you're clicking on "SC In Progress" rather than on the individual sections.

PS You need Internet Explorer 7 or above and Adobe Reader v 9 or above.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Security Clearance Forms Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
B security check and eye test forms Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary reaffirms UK commitment to leadership on Euro-Atlantic security at NATO Defence Ministerial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UNSCR 1325 on women, peace and security: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Accrington security boss barred from the industry MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Help! I'm not allowed in a High Security area..... Diamond Lil's 23
MoD_RSS Code of conduct for security operatives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security operative saves suicidal man on Great Yarmouth beach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security boss pleads guilty to supplying unlicensed security guards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Protective Security Management Systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Chair of The Social Security Advisory Committee appointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing chemical weapons use in Syria and non-compliance of Security Council resolutions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prague 2020 5G Security Conference 24 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation protects national security capability to fight serious crime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement by Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon at the Security Council open debate on Humanitarian Impacts of Environmental Degradation MoD News 0
guns1969 Channel Security Diamond Lil's 2
MoD_RSS Funding boost to help healthcare suppliers improve cyber security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Training for Security Control Room Operators in Responding to Terrorist Incidents – We would like your views MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 5StarS: developing a security framework for autonomous and connected vehicles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for Proposals: The UK Government’s Conflict, Stability and Security Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The importance of fair elections, security and humanitarian assistance in Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for proposals for the UK Government’s Conflict, Stability and Security Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government advances plans to boost security of smart products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl forecasts future quantum landscape for UK defence and security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Maintaining international peace and security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary Statement on National Security Legislation in Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Prime Minister's National Security Advisor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Special session on Ukraine at the Annual Security Review Conference: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New protections for UK businesses key to national security and fight against coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary chairs virtual ‘Five Eyes’ security summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS G7 urges China to reconsider national security law MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Places of Worship Protective Security Fund open for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Promoting peace, stability and security in the Central African region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Conflict, Stability and Security Fund: Call for Bids 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Social Security Advisory Committee (SSAC) appointments MoD News 0
M Security clearance additional details... RFA 2
M Security Checks and Debt Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS New plans to boost security of consumer smart devices MoD News 0
H Worried about security clearance Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Coronavirus and regional security: UK statement on Foreign Ministers' meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Adapting Security Council working methods to be innovative and agile MoD News 0
T Security Clearance - income Joining the Royal Navy 1
chorzxx security clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
MoD_RSS New virtual cyber school gives teens chance to try out as cyber security agents from home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Youth, Peace and Security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS TALL Security Print export to Kenya with help from UKEF MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security Council briefing on Syria's use of Chemical Weapons MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press statement by Security Council Members calling for the immediate cessation of hostilities in Yemen MoD News 0
M Security Clearance Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS Home Office grants £14 million funding for security at Jewish institutions MoD News 0