Security forms?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Kal_Stu, Apr 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, has anyone been told they have to re-do their security forms by email instead of paper?

If so can you tell me please how you got the forms to load on the site? It doesnt load and I have tried on 5 different computer/laptops now.

Can anyone also tell me if the Glasgow office is open as I keep getting told it is not available when I try to phone.

Thank you kal
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Security Clearance is indeed now completed online....supposedly.

It's been mayhem up & down the country unfortunately & the Defence Vetting Agency carries the following message on their homepage;

The form NSV001 can be dowloaded by your AFCO, printed off, completed by the applicant & posted to the DVA in the same manner as the old Mod Form 1109, but with a few extra pages added for good measure.

Ah, progress...

Good innit?
  3. Yet another sparkling example of MOD IT - outsourced to the cheapest (and crappest) bidder.
  4. K_S,
    Try 0141 224 5714 for Glasgow Office. Ask for your careers Adviser.
  5. Ok thank you I will give it a shot :)
  6. Are you all sorted now, Kal?
  7. I must be one of the lucky ones, i filled mine in and submitted it really it's just in progress!
  8. Not EDS by any chance?
  9. Yes thank you so much Soleil. Got it done in about 20 mins when I got it working, thank you again
  10. Still done on paper at some AFCOs, filled mine in for a second time recently.
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Odds are that if it wasn't inputted at DVA before 05 April for processing, you may find yourself having to complete the e-form or complete the hard copy of the form.
  12. Yeah this was before april, considered it to be recent though because change happens slowly eh!
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Bear in mind DVA have been returning completed Security Questionnaires submitted before the supposed deadline.

It maybe worth checking with your AFCO.
  14. Mine (for the second time) was definitely submitted before that supposed deadline so I wouldn't count on it that it's done and dusted!
  15. Aye, compared to some on here i actually ask my AFCO if i need to know something. And all is well, so could just be differen't parts of the country.
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Obviously not the case in this instance if recently confirmed by the AFCO however what some applicants fail to appreciate is that the Security Questionnaires are not always subnitted to the Defence Vetting Agency upon receipt from the candidate.

The reason for this is that SC is (currently) only valid 12 months & cost a couple of grand. Some AFCOs may wait until an applicant is within 12 months of a potential entry date before applying (or renewing) an SC.
  17. mine is the same, says it wont load, have tried on a few computers too, wrong PDF file i think x

18. Er excuse me, would someone mind translating that.
  19. bjb

Make sure you're clicking on "SC In Progress" rather than on the individual sections.

PS You need Internet Explorer 7 or above and Adobe Reader v 9 or above.
  20. As Sol said click on SC- in Progress. As soon as you click that it should work no problem. If you click the individual parts it will not load.