security clearence quastion

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mr2_paul, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i just got a letter from the forces vetting agency saying that they require futher information about my criminal record.

i did not include anything because i thought that i did not have to include any cautions, or speeding offences.. but it turns out that i do.

which of these do i need to include???

my cautions are embarising and hard to explain,

but speeding offences are easyer. i have 3 speeding offences within the last 5 years,

1 - sp30 3 points
    1 sp50 6 points

and due in court for another sp50.

any help appritiated..

2. The clue is in the text.

3. Looking at your standard of spelling, just say you couldn't work out the English and misread everything :roll: :roll:

4. There would no doubt have been a section on driving licenses and any 'endorsements' within the Mod form 4 (I *think*) and should have been your first clue.

Just fill these out and take the fully completed form to the nearest shredder.

5. Simples,

Tell them everything, embarrassing or not (they've probably seen worse) - they will check it all anyway and if they think you're lying or not being wholly truthful they will more than likely bin your request.

Honesty is the best policy.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you have a read of the Security clearance Guidance notes in the FAQ sticky in this section, all will become clear.

To give you a precis, the Security Check Questionnaire which you have filled out (wrongly) clearly asks:

14. Criminal Convictions & related matters:

You must reveal all convictions spent or unspent.

Have you ever been:

a. Convicted or found guilty of of ANY offence in ANY country (excluding parking or speeding, but including all other motoring offences including spot fines)

b. ...received a formal caution or been absolutely or conditionally discharged, or is there any action pending against you?

If you have answered Yes, please give full details including dates below.

Funnily enough, we do actually check whether the applicant is telling the truth - if they deliberately withhold information their application maybe rejected.

If you have a pending conviction you must also inform your AFCO.

Good luck.

7. So how fast were you going?

And please try to explain your cautions.. we're all curious now..

8. the way i read that is... i dont have to disclose anything about my speeding offences, but do have to say im going to court for speeding at the end of july. and say what cautions i had?

is that right???

9. Chuck everything down if you are not sure, the people who deal with this everyday will sort through it pretty quickly and ignore stuff they don't care about.

10. ok, will do. i gotta send off a form to the police station and pay £10 for the info :O and it takes 40days apparently. so thats another setback :( i cant remmember what the cautions were, but i know i was stupid.. lol

11. well if your going to court again for speeding looks like your lose your license if you already have 9 points so I would presume you'd have to tell them that.

As for your cautions I don't think they will accept sorry there a bit embrassing for an excuse for not disclosing.

12. them being embarising wasnt an excuse for not putting them down, i genuinly did not think i had to say anything about them, plus i cant remmember any details about them.

and i have a clean licence at the moment, but will most probably be getting a ban.

13. You sound like just the kind of responsible guy the RN needs!

You should really aim for the sky though, don't let a stuffy old institution like the military slow your meteoric rise, I hear McDonalds are hiring.

14. well i passed my interview and entry test, so it seems i am..

15. Fry cook or cashier?

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

One point possibly worth bearing in mind is that passing a selection interview is only a provision acceptance for Naval Service, subject to passing all other elements including phase two training.

17. Wrecker pointed out your poor spelling yet you still didn't bother to check it in your further posts. Check out how you spelt 'embarassing' twice. You failed to give all the information required on your SC questionnaire, you failed to learn from TWO speeding convictions by getting a third. That really shows the level of responsibility and attention to detail you have, just what a modern armed force needs. NOT. I don't want to sound too harsh but you're not doing yourself any favours.

18. i do realist this, and hope i do pass all other steps :D

as for the people who think its there place to judge "GET A LIFE!" im sure your history is very rosy! and as for me speeding.. do you really think that would affect my performance as an AET? i dont recal ever seeing anything about needing a clean driving licence for the job.

im not arsed about the comments on my spelling, this is an internet forum, but when you try and put people down because of mistakes that they have made in the passed. that is just plain stupid! i bet 90% of the people on this forum have been in some sort of trouble with the police at some time in there lives!

19. i do realist this, and hope i do pass all other steps :D as for the people who think its there place to judge "GET A LIFE!" im sure your history is very rosy! and as for me speeding.. do you really think that would affect my performance as an AET? i dont recal ever seeing anything about needing a clean driving licence for the job. im not arsed about the comments on my spelling, this is an internet forum, but when you try and put people down because of mistakes that they have made in the passed. that is just plain stupid! i bet 90% of the people on this forum have been in some sort of trouble with the police at some time in there lives![/quote]

Firstly Mr Paul,

I think you need to be aware that some of the guys and girls on here do work in the careers service and most of the advice we give you is based on what we know of the selection process.
    You need to be truely honest with your security form, put everything down as they will pull your police record. It's an honesty check.
    SM
    :)