Security Clearance

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by DavidCrombie1995, May 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just recently submitted my security clearance form and was just wanting to know how long it usually takes to be processed ?, I'm new to this forum so play nice !.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

2. It just depends, mine only took one week to clear, I know others who have waited upto four weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mines took 4 weeks, theres no rush to get it done anyway unless you have a start date in the next month or so.

4. Same for me! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

NSV claim about a 4 week average for those resident in UK - it does vary and can range up to about 8 weeks. Bizarrely Irish citizens seem to take the longest, with 12 months not uncommon.

6. I completed the online form on a Sunday and was complete by Tuesday. Must have been a quiet week.

7. been waiting for four months for my security clearance... Think I may have to give afco a ring!

8. At what stage do you do your security clearance?? AFCO hasnt mentioned anything about this to me yet..

9. For me it was the last part of my application process, not sure if that's changed or not.

10. Last thing you do before PRNC mine took about a month to comeback

11. Ninja_Stoker

Once you've fully completed and submitted your online SC application the AFCO will only contact you about it if there's an issue. You can check your status by logging in to the NSV portal if you're bothered. If it says your status is "in progress" it's in progress, if it says "complete", you're cleared.

12. Thanks for all the answers folks they has been really helpful, much appreciated !

13. OMM

OMM War Hero

Mine took 4 months, but I have lived abroad.

14. I've been periodically checking my SC status and it still says "Awaiting Sponsor's Actions."

It's been like this for 2 weeks now, are my AFCO just being slack?

I'm expecting my application to take a while anyway due to previous service and the fact that my Mum has duel US Nationality, I'd prefer not to have any additional delays caused by it not being forwarded to the DV people.

15. Ninja_Stoker

If you've completed your part of the SC, it maybe that your AFCO is waiting for a reference to be received, but it would do no harm to give 'em a ring to enquire.

16. Hey rumration I apologize if this has been covered! Can anyone give me a breakdown of topics I will encounter whilst doing my sc? I passed my fitness test this week and also recievedy Raleigh date this morning (24th nov). My careers officer is away ATM and I'm keen to get the ball rolling. My careers officer is back on Monday but I'd feel better if I could spend this weekend gathering dates etc for my online form. I write this reply as I went on the vetting website and became confused on what the sc will entail it mentioned medical questions and interviews etc. Thanks in advance! :cool:

17. I passed out on the 5th if you have any questions about Raleigh feel free to send me a PM and ill do my best to answer.

18. You'll need all your previous jobs and addresses from the last 5 years, national insurance number, parent's addresses and a load of other shit.

Bizarrely you also need to submit a naked photo of yourself to the Careers Office, something about proving you have no offensive tattoos.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Its a pain in the arse when you have been on and off work for 5 years and had 6 jobs !!! Plus education and qualifications since 16 !!

20. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1