Security Clearance

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lucretia, Oct 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, my security clearance application status canged from 'In-progress' to 'Completed' just over a week ago. Does this mean that since I havent heard anything that everything is likely to be ok. I presume I would only be contacted if there was an issue?

Any advice is always appreciated, helpful advice preferrably.
  2. I reckon so! Mine has said 'In Progress' for months! How long ago did you do yours? I'm getting slightly concerned now..
  3. Mine has been 'In progress' for 8 week now, but there was a thread on this not long ago and the outcome was it could take up to 6 month to pass through.
  4. Contact your AFCO to confirm that the clearance has been completed and issued - it sounds as if it has.
  5. As your Careers Adviser will be your sponsor for security clearance contact him or her for the definitive answer. It's that easy. Do it tomorrow.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As correctly stated above, "Completed" does actually mean Security Clearance has been granted.

This doesn't mean you are now free to commit further crimes, plot to overthrow governments or stop paying that pesky credit card bill as it can be later withdrawn, thus making the individual ineligible.

In general terms an AFCO won't bother contacting the individual if Security Clearance is granted, as most are. Where we get quite interested is when the individual appears to have reason to doubt it being granted.
  7. Thanks for the advice. I submitted mine on 8th of june, so it was about 3 months, I was worried too that it took so long.
  8. Hi, there is a 'completed' at the bottom of the page with date submitted, that is stating 'we' have completed it, but the one to watch for making the change from, 'in process' to 'completed' is at the top of the main page.

That's how i read it anyway mate, are you reading the right line??

But best of luck haha its quick if it has been done.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PMSl..Do not worry my fellow applicant, i did the same ! !
  10. We use Experian to do a financial check on you, don't know how far they go and where they check.

11. Just checked my SC, 'Completed' is now on the page!

It has taken three months to clear, thought i would just post this as i contributed to this thread.
  12. Mine has too :) Although mine took 5 months lol x
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Defence Business Services (formerly the Defence Vetting Agency) are literally "snowed -under" since they moved onto the super-efficient computer system last March, coincidentally coupled with reductions in manpower & no funds to support the inadequate software.

Prior to that date it was entirely feasible to gain security clearance within 30 days, but the "improved" system & name change has somewhat predictably resulted in waits for SC taking up to 5 months & almost half of those joining are currently taken "on risk" because their SC hasn't been completed.

Doubtless someone in DBS/DVA management will get a a New Years honour in recognition of their "improvements".

SC, so I'm told, costs about £2.5K per head.
  14. I can't even fill mine in at the moment. If I save it, or try to submit it, I get "Bad Request - Invalid Header" error.

After my third go at compleating the thing, I'll leave it for today and have another go tomorrow!

15. Ninja_Stoker

16. Cheers for that, will sort it out tomorrow. :)
  17. The fix worked a treat, submited.

18. Old thread ressurection sorrrry! If it's been filled in and submitted online, should it say 'waiting for sponsor actions?' Just paranoid I have done something wrong :p

Edit: Just read the FAQ's on the site, nee worries!
  19. Ninja_Stoker

Sponsor Actions are carried out by your AFCO, Subject Actions by you.
  20. Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me regarding SC clearance! I have completed the forms for SC clearance 8 days ago and the application status has changed from in progress to completed. Very fast! Regarding the previous posts I understand this means I have granted clearance? Is this correct? What would the application status read if I was not granted clearance? Would it not also say completed! I called SC department but they say I have to contact my sponsor for an answer! My sponsor isn't taking phone only! I have been offered another job and don't know whether to accept offer as I don't know if my clearance on this has gone through. Any help would be really really appreciated. Thanks in advance!