Security clearance

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by RhysJJ, May 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know the procedure after you have submitted the online form? Do you get told if you have passed, or only contacted if you fail by your AFCO? Any idea how long it takes to be cleared? Cheers.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Once you complete the online form, it should take around 6 to 8 weeks.

I wouldn't worry too much about gaining clearance - they will let you know if there's a problem.
  3. Once you have completed your information, it will be forwarded to your CA who will complete their part and send it into DVA for the clearance. Clearances can take anything from 6-8 weeks for a UK born candidate up to 6 months for a none UK candidate. Your CA will be informed when you are cleared.

Did you find accessing and completing the form easy? I only ask as most of my candidates appear to not be able to access the DVA site to commence security clearance.

Kind Regards

4. Thanks, I assume i passed one last year although it was the old paper version. After completing that one I was never contacted about it so i guess there wasnt a problem. As nothing has changed over the last year i'm guessing this time will be fine too.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

6. Hi yeah it was pretty straight forward although i did have a slight issue when it came to register. It asked for name, DOB, town of birth (i think) and country of birth. This information had to be entered exactly as the CA..........say your Scottish you may enter your country of birth as Scotland where as your CA may have entered UK, or if your CA has entered UK you might enter United Kingdom, this would then refuse your registration and so you would need to receive a fresh/new email link. Hope that makes sense! The info you enter must be EXACTLY as the CA/sponsor enters. At a guess i would say this could be why some people have trouble with the registration. The form itself is easy though
  7. Twice using mozilla my SC failed to send and lost all of my info, after switching to Internet Explorer however I had no problems.
  8. The first time I tried to get my password and username, it locked me out because it kept telling me my details were wrong. I tried so many different alternatives... Turns out you have to write 'UK' instead of 'United Kingdom'. Nothing a quick email can't sort out though.
  9. Tip, if you have any member of your direct family living abroad, even in Commonwealth countries, give full and complete info.

I didn't for a civ serpant job, (same mod Security clearance,) and it took over 6 months.
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1