Security clearance

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mick82, Apr 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been approved for my security clearence however they are going to review my financial situation as its a concern in 24 months time to make sure its improving and not getting worse . Does this mean I will now be issued a starting date or do I have to wait for another 2 years to see if am financiaally sound to join . If anyone could reply that would be great as I received my letter yesterday and with it being easter weekend I will have to wait till my afco is open to speak to someone and am a little anxiouse to know what happening . Thanks
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Hello Trigger, I'd of thought if your finances where getting reviewed in 24 months with a view to joining after that then you ain't going to get a joining date for a while.
  3. At the end of my letter it says that now I hold security clearance I cannot stress the importance of financial propriety and would urge you to make every effort to reduce your burden of debt in order to minimise your vulnerability to external pressure .
    With my letter saying this at the end I would have thought I was going to be given a start date . The letter doesnt state that my review is 2 years with a view to start it just says a review in 2 years .Sorry if you think am coming across a bit thick but the letter to me isnt very clear .
  4. how much you in debt if its controllable then i cant see how it would be a problem
  5. how much you in debt if its controllable then i cant see how it would be a problem[/quote]
    my debts are managable , im on a debt managment plan paying everything off so its not a isue , all I really wanted to know was with me now holding clearance and having passed all tests I just wanted to know if I would be given a start date , its just with the letter saying am goint to be reviewed again in the future its confused me . I would have thought if it was a problem I wouldnt be approved for my clearance untilll my review in 2 years time .
  6. I'll lend you £35000 mate. Once you're in a position of responsibility I'll get back in touch mucker.

до ÑвиданиÑ
  7. if you have passed security then they should be bidding for a date for you, if your debts were a problem then am sure they would of failed you for it they will probly just want to make sure ur keepin upto date with them and not geting in more debt
  8. Can I just ask, how long has it taken for you to be notified that you've been cleared? Did you receive a letter to tell you?

I passed my RT last November and had my interview mid December but I haven't heard anything yet. I just one received letter notifying me of an presentation evening but that's all.
  9. No news is good news chap. I doubt you'll hear anything at all if there isn't a problem?

Also, clearance lasts for 12 months at a time. So i doubt they would give the OP the all clear if they intended him to restart his security clearance a year later.
  10. [quote="Rem3pt"

No news is good news chap. I doubt you'll hear anything at all if there isn't a problem?

I had to ring up to check my Security Clearance :lol:
  11. Eh ? :?
  12. Tell me about it, I asked some dude at the AFCO if mine had come through. Talk about teachers pets with their letters and all that :p
  13. I sent my clearance forms off in december and have only just received my letter this weekend , its taken around 4 months for me to here anything , I had to send more paper work off in feb to confirm loan agreaments and mortgage details but apart from that I have just sat and waited . I originally applied 12 months ago and I beleive if am accepted am still likely to wait another 6 months before I can even start . Yeah I received a letter off the defence vetting agencie , being honest I was going to ring up my afco this week to see if the was any news as it has been so long .