security clearance

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mark33, Dec 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hiya all can anybody help me out i handed my sc form into my afco 4 weeks ago how long does it actually take to be passed and im assuming if there was any problems i would have been contacted before now? can anyone shed a little light on this for me please?
  2. It can take months
  3. If you post your full name, your address, and your mother's maiden name here I'll check on the files and see if I can push it through for you.
  4. That's not enough detail now though. Also need bank details to prove financially aware, and not a security threat due to being in debt. He/She would need to let you have those as well.
  5. If you haven't heard by now then I think they may have found some discrepancies with it. By now you will have a constant 'tail' assigned, this is purely to check that you are not of subversive tendencies, it's normal procedure for people like you. we, err I mean they do it all the time, nothing to worry about, you just continue on with your life and soon enough you'll know if there's a real problem.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The AFCO may not submit your Security Check Questionnaire immediately upon receipt as it costs several thousand 'did-dobs' to get processed.

Generally we want to ensure the individual passes the recruiting test, medical PJFT & interview first - to ensure there are no hitherto undisclosed financial issues or criminal convictions which would be a bar to entry.

Once the preliminary elements of selection are complete, it takes about 6-8 weeks for clearance - unless the applicant has lived overseas or has immediate familiy who are resident outside of UK. The longest I've yet to witness was 12 months for an Irish National.
  7. AB Sands. Sh1t for Discipline. But the CPO Caterers delight. !!
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The guy that I'm aware of, waited 12 months to join the Corps & got to Week 4 before jibbing it at the earliest opportunity - he wasn't a hunger striker though.
  9. i have done all my other tests so sc is the final hurdle then i just waiting for date to come through. me(etsm) was about 4 months last i heard so hopefully wont be too long.
  10. Learn to say thank you, especially if you ever work with the army; saves some big ugly bugger smashing your grill in mucker. :wink:
  11. sorry i did forget my manners there and thankyou
  12. No worries! :thumbleft: