security clearance

chorzxx

Midshipman
due to covid-19 and there’s no fitness dates or anything like that how did you find out your vetting number, my brother who also in the navy he can’t remember when he did find out his and how long does it usually take for your security clearance take to be cleared as all I been doing is checking if Nsvs has contacted me but they haven’t , sorry if it doesn’t make sense many thanks if anyone can help though

MountainFox

Midshipman
I was waiting about a month for a response on mine and had to ask for an update myself. I rang the AFCO last week and they checked and confirmed I had passed the security check. I think the AFCOs are just as busy as everyone else so you may have to be more proactive than usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soleil

War Hero
due to covid-19 and there’s no fitness dates or anything like that how did you find out your vetting number, my brother who also in the navy he can’t remember when he did find out his and how long does it usually take for your security clearance take to be cleared as all I been doing is checking if Nsvs has contacted me but they haven’t , sorry if it doesn’t make sense many thanks if anyone can help though
Have you rung your AFCO?

chorzxx

Midshipman
I was waiting about a month for a response on mine and had to ask for an update myself. I rang the AFCO last week and they checked and confirmed I had passed the security check. I think the AFCOs are just as busy as everyone else so you may have to be more proactive than usual.

I waited for over two months now but i was suppose to be doing my exams but my application kind of got sped up if you get me I would ring up I just have no idea what to say

crash_evans

War Hero
UKSV are running a reduced service (20%). For example, I hold a higher security clearance and I NEED it for my job. It runs out in 6 months and my Career Manager has had to apply to some serious grown ups to get it pushed through. This is in service mind.

I imagine they are running a reduced service for New Entrants also. Chill, keep your phys up (as it will be unlimited from tomorrow, so no excuses!). Put a note in your diary to check in with your AFCO for a couple of weeks.

soleil

War Hero
so I’ve gave him a call and he said there’s still no news yet so no idea what to do now I’ve checked emails and everything still nothing
It's really difficult as far as these things are concerned because it's difficult for the staff who do the vetting to handle as many cases as they normally do because of the problem with the virus and the reduction in the number of staff available.

If your CA has said that there is no news at the moment, that really means that your case is one they haven't got to yet; don't worry, just be patient, it will all come good eventually.

chorzxx

Midshipman
It's really difficult as far as these things are concerned because it's difficult for the staff who do the vetting to handle as many cases as they normally do because of the problem with the virus and the reduction in the number of staff available.

If your CA has said that there is no news at the moment, that really means that your case is one they haven't got to yet; don't worry, just be patient, it will all come good eventually.
appreciate it thank you i don’t mean to seem impatient or anything I understand right now is a serious problem

Oldest_Nozzer

Midshipman
My SC was submitted 12th or March... And is Still processing.. Be patient with it, I am! I was told by my CA mine could take a while as I'm a re-joiner and a few bits and bobs have to be checked.
No point in worrying about it or trying to get it processed quicker, it quite clearly states on the website they are running on a reduced workforce.
Best thing to do is knuckle down on getting fit and prepared for basic training, getting yourself physically and mentally prepared is more important.
I always say this, if you are that determined on joining the navy it won't matter how long it takes.

Good luck and I hope you get your clearance soon

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Security clearance additional details... RFA 2
H Worried about security clearance Joining the Royal Navy 5
T Security Clearance - income Joining the Royal Navy 1
M Security Clearance Joining the Royal Navy 3
B Security Clearance Joining the Royal Navy 2
D Security clearance debt Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
T Security clearance & PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
B Security Clearance Deadline RFA 60
Ghost29 How long is wait after security clearance granted before i get a entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Ghost29 Security clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
J Security Clearance - Interview Joining the Royal Navy 2
K Will debt stop me from passing the security clearance? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
klgreload Security Clearance level for MASM Joining the Royal Navy 12
F Security clearance. Joining the Royal Navy 5
J Security Clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
C Security clearance after living in China...? Joining the Royal Navy 5
NateDogg Security clearance question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
TugTwin1 Security Clearance - Timescales Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
D Security clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
NateDogg RN security clearance. Can i join with police cautions from over 10 years ago?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
AussieMedic Security Clearance - can you start without it? RFA 3
S Security clearance The Corps 6
L Security clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Security Clearance Advice Joining the Royal Navy 3
H Security clearance wait? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Blackpool_sandgrown Starting the security clearance process... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
3 Security clearance issues (wording of questions) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
C security clearance with defaulted payments Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
u04elw2 Just PJFT and Security Clearance to go... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
3 Security clearance ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
F Security Clearance No-No's? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 59
muskovardo Request for Security Clearance Financial Information Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
muskovardo Security clearance obsession Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 59
muskovardo Stuck on Security Clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Turbs Security Clearance Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
V security clearance question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
J Security Clearance additional evidence Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S A question about Security Clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D Security Clearance (apologies) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R Security Clearance County Court Judgment am i barred from entry? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
R Security Clearance Financial Problems? Help Please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
R Security Clearance Financial Problems? Help Please Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
blanket_counter Security Clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
M Security Clearance Form Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
chrismonc87 Security clearance question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
babygravy Security Clearance Transfer? UPO 1
I Security clearance email ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
D Security Clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
S Security clearance completed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
P Online Security clearance question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6