Security clearance wait?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hello_there, Feb 4, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I completed the online security clearance forms about 6 weeks ago, nothing to worry about and was told it could take 9 weeks. Just wondering, will I get a confirmation email or call or anything when it comes through or don't I get to know and therefore just assume no news is good news ?

Thanks

2. When I submitted mine the AFCO told me that I wouldn't get contacted unless there was a problem... A few weeks later i logged onto the security portal and the status of the application was 'completed' :)

3. I tried logging in and it said incorrect username and password. God dam computers I'm sure I had the username and password correct I had it written down and double checked. I then clicked the forgot username option and entered he details and it said it would send me an email with my username, which it has not.

If it's been completed will the account now be closed or inaccessible ?

4. I can still access mine so not entirely sure...

If the e-mail hasn't been sent by the morning i'd try again with the 'forgot username/password' link...

Good luck hope you get it sorted!

5. Ah I'll just leave it if it doesn't come through and assume no news is good news. I've nothing to be worried about anyway just would like a confirmation I suppose .

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Check your junk mail or spam mail folder. Odds are National Security Vetting is not on your "known senders" list.

7. Since the NSV portal has been updated, I have not been able to access my account to check the progress of my application. Does anyone know whether as part of the update, my username and password would have been reset?

I have followed the advice given on the "forgot username" link on the website and I have not received anything from them in either my inbox or junk folder. Are there many other candidates that have had, or are having, the same issue as I am?