Security Clearance - Timescales

Sorry to create another thread about security clearance, however, I am just wanting some input from people going through application and joining stage at the moment, the other threads on the same subject are quite old now.

So, firstly I am a re joiner, POET (WE), previously held SC and my brother is DV cleared still in the MOB now, just showing that family history etc should not be a problem to obtain SC.

My question to everyone is, how long has it taken to obtain SC recently. I have completed all stages of my application and only waiting on this for an entry date. I am into week 6 now waiting for this to come through, I understand this maybe within the standard timescales claimed by NSVS and I should probably just "Hurry up and Wait" but I am curious to see if the standard time is not the 4 weeks that they claim and anybody else has experienced long waits?

Any input would be appreciated from any recent SC applicants.

Cheers

Tah mate! I believe it's vastly different for everyone depending on your circumstances, if you've tried calling them you'll be waiting on hold for 15+ minutes with a recorded message reminding you they they are very busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha, my CA told me to call on Monday which I did, same experience as you by the sounds of it, with the re-assuring conclusion from the human I spoke to in the end of "It's with the team they have received everything but I can't give you an idea of timescales"...Yeah...Thanks!

My CA assured me that all was going well and that he had been in touch with NSV and I was really expecting a conclusion by now, but yeah the people at NSV won't give any indication at all, I was told the same thing 'the team are working on it, checks are ongoing'

Will my Raleigh start date be delayed if my SC isn't through? I start Raleigh in 5 weeks so it could be a close call.
I'm not 100% sure, I have read some people have had a waiver granted to start Raleigh as you won't be looking at any SECRET materials in Phase 1, I could be wrong though.

Best to contact your AFCO though to make them aware (if they're not already) so they can apply for the waiver in time to not delay your start date.

@PaddyG89 Any news yet mate?

Thanks for asking, my sponsor emailed them yesterday to give them a 'nudge' he's adamant it won't effect my start date at all, he obviously knows his stuff so I'll trust that, how about yourself?

Silence on my side mate. Doing my nut in now! Going to give it another week then give them another call, I just don't want to be sat in someones inbox for another 7 weeks!

Good luck mate and let us know when you here something

It'll be 11 weeks for me come Friday, my sponsor did say NSV were dealing with a 4 month backlog so hopefully we both get good news in time

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
I am now on my 5th month waiting to hear back from my SC! I sent mine off on the 13th December 2016 so you might have a bit longer to wait mate.
I have been told to call back at the end of this month ( April ).
I did need a waiver for time spent in Aus for 2 years but still I didn't expect it to take this long.
I am hoping it won't affect my start date too.
Best of luck

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Generally, for first time joiners, a SC waiver is a consideration, depending on branch and the successful completion of initial financial & criminal record checks for those residing in UK for the five years prior to entry.

For those with former service, under current regulations, SC must be completed before an entry date can be allocated.

Generally, for first time joiners, a SC waiver is a consideration, depending on branch and the successful completion of initial financial & criminal record checks for those residing in UK for the five years prior to entry.

For those with former service, under current regulations, SC must be completed before an entry date can be allocated.
Cheers @Ninja_Stoker . No waivers offered to re-joiners then?

Heard the RN was hanging out for some Senior Rate Engineers back? If that was the case I would have thought the process could have been coaxed on a little quicker, I understand that NSV is an outside agency, but could my CA not put a "priority" note on it like you sometimes get on your luggage at airports when you have a short connection flight? ;)

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
Congrats! I'm now over 7 months deep into mine. Just waiting on my residency waiver from Aus then hopefully get mine too fingers crossed! Can't wait to get started