security clearance question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Voyager, Sep 21, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the security clearance do they do an enhanced CRB check?
  2. You declare everything both spent and unspent so basically they will know all!
  3. No
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The CRB check, now known as the DBS check, is completely separate. One is to clear the individual to access classified info, the other involves similar checks but is used to establish the individuals suitability to work with vulnerable people from a range of ages.

The effectiveness of each is contentious, but neither is considered equivalent to the other as worded more succinctly by Drakey.
  5. So will they check local police records?
  6. What're you worried about?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I had a phone call a few years ago from police as my friend used my phone to prank call someone (he was a c*nt). they basically just asked for my name and address and said they were going to take no further action. I am just worried incase the Navy find out if it was on record.
  8. Was your friend working at the news of the world by any chance?
  9. no why?
  10. You keep up with current affairs then ;)
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just to clarify, who was the duffer?

You for letting "your mate" use your phone, your imaginary friend making the call or the person you (sorry, he) called?

Either way, depending on the nature of the "prank" it wouldn't normally be an issue unless it was related to terrorism, death threats, etc.
  12. We were both idiots to be honest