Security clearance & PRNC

TDogg

Midshipman
Hi all . I’ve just had my offer of service for 26th May and filled out and sent my security clearance anybody any idea on how long clearance usually takes? Also when should I expect a call regarding my PRNC thanks

Maran?4

Midshipman
You should find out soon your prnc date. I’m sure it’s only a few weeks before you join up.
Regarding your security clearance I’m not sure as mine was done a month before I got my offer of a start date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDogg

Midshipman
Thanks for your reply I just wasnt sure if I would get a call and they say PRNC is tommorow or il get notice with time to arrange my current work either way Can’t wait

fishhead

War Hero
Security clearance times are completely related to each person's individual circumstances. If your background is clear it can be quite quick but any skeleton's found in your cupboard it can be a drawn out affair. If you're a non-UK resident time scales can become very protracted.

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
Prnc is two Weeks before my entry for me personally , And I was told my prnc date a few weeks after receiving my entry date . I think you get atleast a months notice for prnc .

TDogg

Midshipman
Thanks, so will I get my date for PRNC once I’ve been security cleared? Or will I still get the date for PRNC even while being cleared I’m confused Thanks

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
Yeah looks like it varies on that one , don’t belive its dependent on the security clearance being completed to get your dates so I wouldn’t worry about that .

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
Hi all . I’ve just had my offer of service for 26th May and filled out and sent my security clearance anybody any idea on how long clearance usually takes? Also when should I expect a call regarding my PRNC thanks
I got my entry date before my prnc date and my security clearance still isn't done!

TDogg

Midshipman
Same I’ve got my entry date through the online portal and then submitted my security clearance so just waiting on PRNC date

TDogg

Midshipman
Ahhhh just thought this would make sense if the idea was to get security cleared to be made eligible for PRNC and then get the date when cleared hmmm ??

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
I applied before this online portal stuff so never had to deal with it . I heard it was very problet to start

Texast

Midshipman
Are you notified when you’ve passed the security checks or is it a you’ll only hear if there’s a problem kind of deal? I submitted mine about 7 weeks ago and I’m still yet to hear anything

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
Are you notified when you’ve passed the security checks or is it a you’ll only hear if there’s a problem kind of deal? I submitted mine about 7 weeks ago and I’m still yet to hear anything
Would Think so , you could log on and check it ? But if you dont hear anything as you say it’s probably not a bad thing

TDogg

Midshipman
I just got my PRNC date on Thursday I submitted my security application 10 days ago not heard anything as of yet going to log in and check tommorow

SubLTLO

I did my SC on the 6th of march and it took 15 days for it to be completed. it just depends if you have a clean background or if they any reason to investigate and also you have to remember it is a government system which will be understaffed so may take a while. I checked mine every day as i hate not being in control of something and almost did a backflip when it cleared haha.

Good Luck mate