Security Clearance No-No's?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Unless rejoining the service, an entry date will be allocated regardless of SC status - the gaining of SC does not influence job allocation. It just means you cannot actually join without it, but even then waivers can be granted once the preliminary checks have been completed. (Unless you are a CT).

bellis95

Badgeman
I am going in as a WS, no date allocated yet but i am near the end of my 16 month wait as I had a medical appeal too, no idea when i'll get in though

Captain Birdseye

Lantern Swinger
I've known Irish security services take more than a year to produce the goods to enable SC to be gained.

Sometimes it relates to the thoroughness & complexities of the required checks, sometimes it's a case of higher priorities diverting resources, sometimes it relates to inadequate manning coupled with poor management. Takes your pick.

Wow...a year? That's incredible.

Glad you got your clearance booner...hopefully I won't be far behind you as I'm coming up to 6 weeks next week.

Booner123

War Hero
I still have my medical next week to pass and that's the final hurdle aha. Thanks. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booner123

War Hero
9th of Feb at BRNC. Actually can't wait aha. It'll be 20 months from when I walked into the AFCO to when I start at BRNC.

Booner123

War Hero
Don't give up hope. It's hard but just remember you aren't applying for some dead end job with no prospects. This is the career you want and 2 years out of a 30 year career isn't actually that long.

Booner123

War Hero
A guy with the username snowman on another thread has been waiting about 18 months I think and everyone who applied after him on here seemed to be getting dates before him and it was probably getting him down a bit but he hung in there and it turns out he got a phone call a few weeks ago to say his PRNC is next week and he starts on the 11th of Jan so it really is unpredictable, just hang in there.

bellis95

Badgeman
I know mate it is what i want and i am physically ready whenever they call! I'm hoping as soon as this SC goes through it will speed up abit and I might get a concrete date..