Security Clearance Help Please

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by slime_on89, Feb 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Just passed my interview for AET this morning, really pleased :-D. Im in the middle of my security clearance as I want this sent off ASAP. A couple of years ago I got a fixed penalty notice or penalty charge notice I can never remember, I know that parking doesnt count as a 'criminal conviction', however I drove in a pedestrian zone quite late at night and recieved a £30 fine which I paid immediately.

Would I have to declare this as a criminal conviction?

2. You will do just fine, as a Wafu .. Kerb Crawling is O/K. Ps don't declare it lol :-D:-D
    • Like Like x 1
  3. £30 ... bargain!
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Spot fines for 'minor' motoring offences must be declared on the online SC application but are considered "spent" as soon as you pay them in full.
  5. Thanks for the reply Ninja,

So i shouldn't have any problems with this? Also im right in saying parking tickets dont have to be listed?

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

While traffic offences like this (such as parking fines) are not classed as a criminal offence (i.e. you've not been charged, appeared in court and received a judicial sentence following a Guilty plea/finding) it is still recorded on PNC/PNB and obviously DVLA. You are more likely to have your application refused for failing to disclose than for having a minor traffic offence in the first place! Believe me, there are far more dangerous people still serving with rather colourful Police records than you might think, so stop worrying..!
  7. Thanks for your assurances. Last stupid question, would i have to know the exact date I was issued the ticket?
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

No, just the month/year (ish)

Make sure all parking tickets are paid otherwise your SC can be knocked-back if pending a summons.
  9. Hi Ninja,

Yes these were both paid, I rang up my central ticket office and got the full details including ticket number, exact date and offence code. Ive listed both recorded motoring offences with full details which were prohibited parking in a pedestrian zone (not driving in a bus /taxi lane as stated above) and another instance of Unnecassary Obstruction (Car was broke down on main road) Just wanted to make sure i didnt get any delays on my clearance process.

10. Ninja I got a £60 fixed penalty notice three weeks ago I'm doing my SC in April will this effect my SC clearance I paid it in full two days after. Am I correct in thinking that I have to put this on the form.

Many thanks.

11. Sorry not sure what you mean.
  12. Hi Chris

I got pulled over April last year and was given a £60 fixed penalty & 3 points on my licence. I put it down on my SC, and there were no issues and I was cleared. Make sure you declare it, they will be more concerned as to why you didn't put it down otherwise :)

13. Thanks Sarah.
  14. Another question I'm in the RNR and iv had a look on JPA and states that I have SC till 2020 so is there a need for me to fill another form in.

15. i think you have answered your own question there buddy.
  16. So you reakon I don't another SC form il await a Afco advisor to see there view just want to make sure before I phone my Afco.