Security Clearance Deadline

Seadog

War Hero
If there are so many of you waiting longer than you think you should, it may be because there are so many of you.

Asking for updates (pestering) doesn’t speed things up.

Belfast1882

Midshipman
17 weeks and 1 day...

Very little debt. Excellent credit. No criminal record. Family all British. No dodgy membership of groups... genuinely, nothing against me.

Still nothing through despite recruitment hastening it for me. If not through tomorrow I am deferred until September. Absolutely infuriating.

Grenadier

Midshipman
Hi, I start at Collingwood on April 14th as a comms apprentice. I sent my SC questionnaire off on Dec 11th but still haven't heard back, but I have rang them and asked if they needed further information on a couple of occasions and they've said nope, it's in progress. RFA said there is a possibility (though not for a few more weeks) of being deferred if it hasn't come through in time.

I really don't have much that would actually need 'vetted' so is anyone familiar with it taking this long? And are deferrals common? I know UKSV is woefully understaffed and missing deadlines etc...

Any advice appreciated!
I take it you're a glens man then !!

Grenadier

Midshipman
Can anyone tell me how important is the Debt part of security clearance ? Is it due to fears of bribery etc , obviously i will give chapter and verse on my security vetting submission , ive got a county court judgement against me and missed a couple of mortgage payments , would this be a problem ?

Seadog

War Hero
Deferred until September. 18 weeks in progress what a laugh this has been!
I sometimes get the impression that some posters feel the RFA owe them a living before they are even on the trained strength. There are all manner of reasons why an intake may be cancelled, sometimes at the last minute. The needs and convenience of the Service come first.

Wait until you think you are heading home and going on leave after 4 months away and the CO breaks the bad news.

Keep your pecker up.

Belfast1882

Midshipman
I sometimes get the impression that some posters feel the RFA owe them a living before they are even on the trained strength. There are all manner of reasons why an intake may be cancelled, sometimes at the last minute. The needs and convenience of the Service come first.

Wait until you think you are heading home and going on leave after 4 months away and the CO breaks the bad news.

Keep your pecker up.
Issue not with the RFA at all but UKSV and the entire vetting process.

Latest Threads