Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security Checks and Debt

Meercat88

Good evening.

I am in the process of joining the RNR and have filled in my security check forms, so it's just a waiting game. I'm worried that my previous debt may cause me a problem and could anybody advise.

I entered a Scottish Trust Deed in 2017 which lasts for 48 months. I am on my final 7 payments now (ends January 2021) without a single missed payment or overdrawn on any accounts since I have been involved with a trust deed. Back when I entered a trust deed I had a massive reduction in wages, now I am back earning more money and it is not really required but it's a 48 month contract with no early pay out so I just have to hang it out.

Is this likely to have a serious impact on my chance of joining?

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Having debt is not an issue. After all most of us will have a mortgage and/or car finance. Additionally, in the RNR, you may find that many are company directors, with all the additional burden that that may carry.

Not being able to service that debt is an issue. It would appear that you are in a position to service the loan, so I don't see why there would raise any concerns.

As with all of these things honesty is the best policy.
Good luck.

Meercat88

Branch.

Thank you, and I have been honest about it from the first day I spoke to my ACLO. Always believe you should be honest, as a lie will always catch up with you. I appreciate your comment as I'm hoping to put my mind at ease. Fingers and toes are crossed but until I get the green light then I think there is always going to be a little shadow of doubt at the back of the mind.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
themuddyduck Security and DBS checks - Am I missing something? Joining the Royal Navy 4
C Royal Navy security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
muskovardo Security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
cadetsmum Security Checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
Rum-dooer Security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
O security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS Lord Ahmad statement on UN Security Council resolution to sanction Sultan Zabin MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Presentation to the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly: UK chair of the Security Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM Boris Johnson's address to the UN Security Council on Climate and Security: 23 February 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister to chair UNSC session on climate and security: 22 February 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Facilitating democratic processes and tackling human rights challenges in Haiti– UK Statement at the Security Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's speech at the Munich Security Conference: 19 February 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security boss fined for ignoring industry regulator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Record year for UK’s £8.9bn cyber security sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fines handed to Eastbourne security officers for infringement of the Private Security Industry Act MoD News 0
M Security Clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Gloucestershire security business and the SIA work together to address use of fake security licence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scottish schoolgirls succeed in UK cyber security competition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Presentation by the UK Chairperson of the OSCE Security Committee, Ambassador Neil Bush MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK Cyber Security Council to be official governing body on training and standards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK commits to deeper defence and security cooperation with Japan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment to roles of Independent Reviewer of National Security Arrangements and Chair of the Northern Ireland Committee on Protection MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces sanctions against Zimbabwe security chiefs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ormskirk security man convicted for second time for operating illegally MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Suspended jail sentence for boss who supplied unlicensed security to school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fines handed to Bradford security businessmen for infringement of the Private Security Industry Act MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inclusion, partnership and an international approach to fragility and security MoD News 0
LandScrubber 2021 Strategic Defence and Security Review RFA 13
MoD_RSS Home Secretary hails security agreement with EU MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Social Security, Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS An end of year message to the private security industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Presentation by the UK chairperson of the OSCE Security Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Minister for Africa visits Nairobi to progress UK-Kenya Partnership on security and education MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Committing to ensure long-term stability and security in DRC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary attends security conference in Bahrain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Advocating for security sector governance and reform MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security Minister speech to the Royal United Services Institute MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New telecoms security law to protect UK from cyber threats MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Non-Jury Trials Justice and Security (Northern Ireland) Act 2007 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM’s record defence pledge to protect Scottish security and jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Putting the needs and security of Israelis and Palestinians first MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Making the Security Council better reflect the twenty-first century MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting international efforts to build Somalia's long term security and stability MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Committing to safeguarding progress made on the Women, Peace and Security agenda MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary reaffirms UK commitment to leadership on Euro-Atlantic security at NATO Defence Ministerial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UNSCR 1325 on women, peace and security: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Accrington security boss barred from the industry MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Help! I'm not allowed in a High Security area..... Diamond Lil's 23
MoD_RSS Code of conduct for security operatives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security operative saves suicidal man on Great Yarmouth beach MoD News 0