Security Checks and Debt

Meercat88

Good evening.

I am in the process of joining the RNR and have filled in my security check forms, so it's just a waiting game. I'm worried that my previous debt may cause me a problem and could anybody advise.

I entered a Scottish Trust Deed in 2017 which lasts for 48 months. I am on my final 7 payments now (ends January 2021) without a single missed payment or overdrawn on any accounts since I have been involved with a trust deed. Back when I entered a trust deed I had a massive reduction in wages, now I am back earning more money and it is not really required but it's a 48 month contract with no early pay out so I just have to hang it out.

Is this likely to have a serious impact on my chance of joining?

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Having debt is not an issue. After all most of us will have a mortgage and/or car finance. Additionally, in the RNR, you may find that many are company directors, with all the additional burden that that may carry.

Not being able to service that debt is an issue. It would appear that you are in a position to service the loan, so I don't see why there would raise any concerns.

As with all of these things honesty is the best policy.
Good luck.

Meercat88

Branch.

Thank you, and I have been honest about it from the first day I spoke to my ACLO. Always believe you should be honest, as a lie will always catch up with you. I appreciate your comment as I'm hoping to put my mind at ease. Fingers and toes are crossed but until I get the green light then I think there is always going to be a little shadow of doubt at the back of the mind.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
themuddyduck Security and DBS checks - Am I missing something? Joining the Royal Navy 4
C Royal Navy security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
muskovardo Security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
cadetsmum Security Checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
Rum-dooer Security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
O security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS Dstl forecasts future quantum landscape for UK defence and security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Maintaining international peace and security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary Statement on National Security Legislation in Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Prime Minister's National Security Advisor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Special session on Ukraine at the Annual Security Review Conference: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New protections for UK businesses key to national security and fight against coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary chairs virtual ‘Five Eyes’ security summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS G7 urges China to reconsider national security law MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Places of Worship Protective Security Fund open for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Promoting peace, stability and security in the Central African region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Conflict, Stability and Security Fund: Call for Bids 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Social Security Advisory Committee (SSAC) appointments MoD News 0
M Security clearance additional details... RFA 2
MoD_RSS New plans to boost security of consumer smart devices MoD News 0
H Worried about security clearance Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Coronavirus and regional security: UK statement on Foreign Ministers' meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Adapting Security Council working methods to be innovative and agile MoD News 0
T Security Clearance - income Joining the Royal Navy 1
chorzxx security clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
MoD_RSS New virtual cyber school gives teens chance to try out as cyber security agents from home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Youth, Peace and Security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS TALL Security Print export to Kenya with help from UKEF MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security Council briefing on Syria's use of Chemical Weapons MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press statement by Security Council Members calling for the immediate cessation of hostilities in Yemen MoD News 0
M Security Clearance Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS Home Office grants £14 million funding for security at Jewish institutions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on Afghanistan at Meeting of Members of the UN Security Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of the new Director General of the Security Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MOD leads cross-Government review into the UK’s defence and security industrial strategy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS TCI National Security Council (NSC) Meeting: COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security and Policing 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS “Highly Commended” Government Security Team Award for MDP Project Servator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Non-Proliferation Treaty remains essential to maintain peace and security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Open-Ended Working Group on developments in ICTs in the context of international security: Commonwealth statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Leading UK security companies to visit Guatemala and explore opportunities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Disqualification for security boss following hefty tax bill MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Minister discusses conflict in Libya at Munich Security Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK further commits to NATO and European Security through JEF Readiness Declaration and deployment of Typhoons to Lithuania MoD News 0
MoD_RSS United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV): our latest updates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK national statement to the IAEA International Conference on Nuclear Security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Officer takes command of Gulf maritime security mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security Minister speaks to Italian citizens about the EU Settlement Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK’s booming cyber security sector worth £8.3 billion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Maritime minister undertakes future of shipping industry tour, as ports cyber security guidance is updated MoD News 0