security check need help

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ellio, Jun 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i was filling in my security check form and i came to a bit about formal warnings...
    i was once caught with underage possesion of alcohol should i write this down on the form?
    it was a warning from a comunity surrport officer i dont know if it was anything offical but still...
    will this affect my chances of being accepted into the rn?

your help will be appreciated thanks! :money:
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

On your Security Questionnaire, you must declare all convictions be they spent or unspent.

The DVA Guidance Notes gives more comprehensive advice. (Page 3, section 14 applies)

The issue is that if you withhold information there may be an issue. If you are completely honest, it's infinitely less likely to be an issue.

Good Luck.
  3. ok right ill just write in one of the boxes that i was once caught
    thanks for the advice!
  4. Ellio, have you received clearance, yet? My form was submitted two weeks ago, and I am wondering how long it is likely to take...
  5. Elgar:

I know a CRB can take upto 4 weeks so I guess this form may take a little longer as it is more in depth.

I may be wrong though!
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The time taken for SC can vary but averages out around 8 weeks.

As they cost from £2.5K upwards, per individual, we generally don't submit them until the candidate has passed all elements of selection including the PJFT.
  7. my was porb sumited 4/5weeks ago and im still waiting for a date so i dunno tbh
  8. Just be glad its not the DV form! Had to do one of those for a job application to AWE - 10 years of personal references - I was fifteen then - finding old school friends to agree to let some government spook interview them about me was a bit of a challenge!