Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security Check - Finances

FistFullOfNails

Lantern Swinger
Hello Sirs & Ladies

Completed the recruitment process apart from the Security check.

I've moved home about 4 times in the past 3 years (just little things really, like rent was slightly cheaper elsewhere, closer to work, changing work etc.) but because of this a few companies I've owed money to were trying to contact me and eventually tracked me down in which case I was happy to pay - Just little things really like phone bills and stuff.

To top it off when I quit work at the council they slapped me with a "salary overpayment" (don't get me started!) amounting to £1000 which I didn't find out about until 6 months down the line and they had started legal process's (ie. just sent me a letter).

Anyway, long story short. I owe about £1500s altogether and have monthly arrangements to pay them back but I also have £3000 in savings. I expressed in the security check booklet should I need to enter the navy "debt free" I will be happy to pay these off right away.
This shouldn't pose any problem should it?

Warm regards
Sean

Provided that you have not had to go to court or have any CCJ's against you then the answer is ......................You should be OK. How much are your out-goings on the loan?? If they are not over £350 pm, again you should be OK. Otherwise, why not settle the debt!!

SM

:)

FistFullOfNails

Lantern Swinger
Thanks mario & no I haven't had any CCJ's as, as soon as they actually contacted me I paid straight away.

Outgoings amount to about £100 a month.

I thought about settling but I recently got laid off work and I've applied to (exactly) 472 jobs in my field (IT). And I've only had job offers for work thats an hour drive away (i live in a crappy market town). So if I was to buy a new car, insurance I'd be looking at putting down £1500 to cover everything for the first month...

Instead I have decided to go to Malaysia to a mixed martial arts camp where I can live comfortably and get in the best shape i can be for basic training and not spend very much money.

Thanks for your prompt and kind reply
Sean

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
If the Malaysian martial arts camp thing doesn't happen and you get a joining date I would recommend that you pay the debt off before turning up for basic training. You obviously have the cash available and it will be one less thing for you to worry about.

SF

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Security training package empowers staff to See, Check and Notify (SCaN) MoD News 0
S [security check]British National joining the RN rating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
P Due to join the RMR prior service check and security vetting worry RMR 4
F Who administers the security check form/ Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
R Security Check Enquiries!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
S National Security Vetting - credit check Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
B Security check Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
T Information about security check Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
alex123 The AFCO lost my Security Check Form... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
B security check and eye test forms Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
peter84 security check The Fleet Air Arm 21
ellio security check need help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Cullie Passed AIB, medical, FAT, security check.. next? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
B Security Check !! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
7 Security Check Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS New telecoms security law to protect UK from cyber threats MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Non-Jury Trials Justice and Security (Northern Ireland) Act 2007 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM’s record defence pledge to protect Scottish security and jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Putting the needs and security of Israelis and Palestinians first MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Making the Security Council better reflect the twenty-first century MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting international efforts to build Somalia's long term security and stability MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Committing to safeguarding progress made on the Women, Peace and Security agenda MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary reaffirms UK commitment to leadership on Euro-Atlantic security at NATO Defence Ministerial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UNSCR 1325 on women, peace and security: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Accrington security boss barred from the industry MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Help! I'm not allowed in a High Security area..... Diamond Lil's 23
MoD_RSS Code of conduct for security operatives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security operative saves suicidal man on Great Yarmouth beach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security boss pleads guilty to supplying unlicensed security guards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Protective Security Management Systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Chair of The Social Security Advisory Committee appointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing chemical weapons use in Syria and non-compliance of Security Council resolutions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prague 2020 5G Security Conference 24 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation protects national security capability to fight serious crime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement by Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon at the Security Council open debate on Humanitarian Impacts of Environmental Degradation MoD News 0
guns1969 Channel Security Diamond Lil's 2
MoD_RSS Funding boost to help healthcare suppliers improve cyber security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Training for Security Control Room Operators in Responding to Terrorist Incidents – We would like your views MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 5StarS: developing a security framework for autonomous and connected vehicles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for Proposals: The UK Government’s Conflict, Stability and Security Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The importance of fair elections, security and humanitarian assistance in Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for proposals for the UK Government’s Conflict, Stability and Security Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government advances plans to boost security of smart products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl forecasts future quantum landscape for UK defence and security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Maintaining international peace and security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary Statement on National Security Legislation in Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Prime Minister's National Security Advisor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Special session on Ukraine at the Annual Security Review Conference: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New protections for UK businesses key to national security and fight against coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary chairs virtual ‘Five Eyes’ security summit MoD News 0