[security check]British National joining the RN rating

sjcilauu

Hello everyone,
As a non British citizen, I applied ws rating last year, and have passed written test, body check, interview and PT.
However, I have been struggling to deal with SC.

My afco said due to my parents Chinese background ( there were born in China and they are not British while I was born in Hong Kong), it may be very difficult for me to pass the SC.

I have already been to vetting interview, being asked my background and my parents background.

Is it true that I will only have a very low possibility to pass the SC? I have been already waiting for almost 7 months after asking the Face to face interview and PRNC. It's really not easy to wait for the result:(

Really appreciate any opinion and information!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It is not uncommon to wait a year for SC for those resident in countries that do not have reciprocal security protocols with UK, unfortunately.

Very often when security checks are complete, they will only grant provisional clearance, issue a caution and advise you would be subject to aftercare reporting. Sometimes, if unable to get sufficient verifiable background info, SC can be revoked - doesn't happen often but it's all to do with probabilities and acceptable risks. If they mess up, the cost is high, so the vetting agencies are obligated to make every effort to conduct as thorough background checks as possible.

sjcilauu

It is not uncommon to wait a year for SC for those resident in countries that do not have reciprocal security protocols with UK, unfortunately.

Very often when security checks are complete, they will only grant provisional clearance, issue a caution and advise you would be subject to aftercare reporting. Sometimes, if unable to get sufficient verifiable background info, SC can be revoked - doesn't happen often but it's all to do with probabilities and acceptable risks. If they mess up, the cost is high, so the vetting agencies are obligated to make every effort to conduct as thorough background checks as possible.
Thank you Ninja,
the waiting period will be counted since I submitted the online questionnaire or after I finished the vetting interview?

sjcilauu

End to end, in my experience.
sorry to continue the topic,

If the overseas countries do not reply to UKSV, the vetting process will likely be failed?
or provisional clearance will be granted based on the information provided by the overseas applicants and in the vetting interview?

thank you again Ninja.