security check and eye test forms

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Big_e, Nov 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i sent away eye test and security check form 1+1/2 - 2 weeks ago and got nothing back yet, anyone tell me how long it usually takes for my local afco to contact me?

2. Thought you had an eye test after RT and gave it in on Interview?

3. no they gave me a self adressed envelope so i mailed it, for AET before the interview ive got another mechanical comprehension test though havent i? or is this after the interview?

4. Have you done the pre test comprehension exam?
    The one you do at home and send in / take into your AFCO for marking?

5. ha this cud take a while, first i did my application form at home, then the aptitude test at the afco, then they gave me the security check and eye test form. done all of them and havent heard back for a while

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Some AFCOs do the test, then the medical, then the interview, then the PJFT etc,

Others do the test, then the interview, then the medical, PJFT etc.

It would probably help if you cast your mind back, after the test, to recall what they advised you happens after you undergo the eye test & return the Security Questionnaire -possibly they would have told you that they would book you in for a medical or interview upon receipt and send you a letter.

If you are concerned that you may have been forgotten about- simply give your AFCO a ring tomorrow to check & speed things along.

Good luck.

7. Big E,

Ring you careers advisor and ask them what your next step is. It may be that your stuff has got lost in the post or filed by a loan rating and that your careers advisor might not be aware that you are ready for the next step of the application process.

Ring tomorrow.

Supermario

:nemo:

8. no worries now, got the letter this morning.

cheers for your time