Security and Vetting question

Hey all,

Hope you all had a great christmas and a fantastic new year. I hope you all have a great 2012 but importantly a healthy one :).

Anyway I was wondering if there is a way I could be able to check my progress of my security and vetting status . I have telephoned my AFCO but they just keep telling me that they will only contact me if something is wrong.

Many thanks Adrian.

Why do you want to know? So you can stick it in your sig?

There are many things wrong with our recruitment process, but frankly if the AFCO says they'll let you know, they'll let you know. The DVA won't be badgered to going any quicker simply because you want it.

As they're only going to contact you if something is wrong (could be a clue in there somewhere), I'd be more concerned if they WERE trying to contact you.

The funny thing is I'm not concerned I am curious I would like to keep updated on situation because then I will have realistic view of when I will get start date.

The funny thing is I'm not concerned I am curious I would like to keep updated on situation because then I will have realistic view of when I will get start date.
Judging by your signature, security clearance is the least of your worries. Second medical last September and still not cleared. RT less than a year ago. Still at the back of the queue by the looks of things. Security clearance will not speed up your application it will just be another tick in the box for you on your way.

If you did an on-line security check, you should still be able to check on-line as to your security status. just use the same log-in you got via the initial E-mail

SM

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Anything between 90 and 180 days appears to be "normal" since the move to the 'more efficient' online security clearance process.

Previously, it could take anything between between ten and forty-five days.

Progress, eh?

yeesh When I had to be Positive Vetted (in the 80's during cold war) for a draft, it took 6 months......turned out that my brothers father in law visited Russia on occasion, not that I knew that......yeah...they do check very thoroughly.

usually the worse question, was, do you have any homosexual tendencies.......