Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secure car parking for females

Stripey_G

War Hero
All points taken Nutty, and i agree to a certain extent, there are some mad bastards riding bikes. Just wanted to point out some "areas" of bike riding and car driving and comment on the what i thought load of bollox that CWNG came up with. Just thought his attitude was all wrong is all. Seems Brigham600 thought so too!!

nutty_bag

War Hero
CWNG said:
rosinacarley said:
...all car drivers should be mandated to try riding a bike, it gives them a better idea of what it feels like, and would make them more aware.

As a car driver why should I try riding a bike, I don't want too! and why shoud we be more aware of a bikes? I ain't the one gonna get hurt when THEY hit my car. Yes I said it when THEY hit my car, I'll get bloody annoyed that I have to wait for them to come around in hospital before I get their insurance details thats if they come around at all, and then I have to wait for the insurance company to agree to the repairs. Just think how annoying it is having a big dent in the car!!

I don't hit bikers they are the reckless ones that need the awareness, they are impatient and rude. They should know that car drivers are gonna pull out of a junction or that we are not always gonna use our indicators when you are trying to over take us. If you were more aware then I wouldn't have to be would I?

I would say that car drivers and motorcyclists are just as bad as one another. However i think that your statement about having to wait around in hospital to get their insurance details etc just about sums up the U.K that we now live in. Selfish and materialistic!! A car is a lump of replaceable metal you numpty!! A life is a life!! Have you ever been to a motorcyclist or a motorist that has been so badly injured that their brain is swelling inside their skull and they are so cerebrally agitated that they are fighting to get the oxygen mask off their face? Or the only part left of the car is the engine because the vehicle has obliterated on contact because the CAR was speeding? No? well fcuking try it sometime!! Especially for instance last year when i was involved with a double fatal where two lads went over the top of a car because the CAR decided to just pull out on them!! Both 18, both dead!! Driver didn't have a scratch on him!! "Car drivers are impatient and rude" Sounds to me that you more than fullfill that catagory yourself sunshine!!
RANT OVER!!

Not amused from south london

What can of worms could this open up?

Used to commute on my M/bike summer and winter . The biggest gripe I had with car drivers was that none of them clean their windows and they can't see till the heater warms up and demists them.

Other big problem was the tourists in hired cars on the wrong side of the road!!

Last couple of fatal biker accidents here were the tractor leaving a field --------no problem ----bad news was the tractors had huge trailers . One of the guys was a motor bike instructor.

nutty_bag

War Hero
That should have said motorbike riders are impatient and rude to quote our rather narrow minded friend CWNG! Just get a bit annoyed when people rant on over how their car has received a dent etc!! get a life!!

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
brigham600 said:
CWNG said:
rosinacarley said:
...all car drivers should be mandated to try riding a bike, it gives them a better idea of what it feels like, and would make them more aware.

As a car driver why should I try riding a bike, I don't want too! and why shoud we be more aware of a bikes? I ain't the one gonna get hurt when THEY hit my car. Yes I said it when THEY hit my car, I'll get bloody annoyed that I have to wait for them to come around in hospital before I get their insurance details thats if they come around at all, and then I have to wait for the insurance company to agree to the repairs. Just think how annoying it is having a big dent in the car!!

I don't hit bikers they are the reckless ones that need the awareness, they are impatient and rude. They should know that car drivers are gonna pull out of a junction or that we are not always gonna use our indicators when you are trying to over take us. If you were more aware then I wouldn't have to be would I?

#

I ride a bike and I also drive a car.

YOU are are a complete tool and utter banker. I shall resort to your pathetic take on life and hope you have a big accident and end up in hospital you fcuking idiot. People like you should have their licence revoked.

Rant off. :twisted: :twisted:

CWNG - I think you got something there.....

brigham600

War Hero
silverfox said:
brigham600 said:
CWNG said:
rosinacarley said:

#

I ride a bike and I also drive a car.

YOU are are a complete tool and utter banker. I shall resort to your pathetic take on life and hope you have a big accident and end up in hospital you fcuking idiot. People like you should have their licence revoked.

Rant off. :twisted: :twisted:

CWNG - I think you got something there.....

SF, he most certainly got a bite.

We have had this 'bikes v cars' debate before some time ago. As I stated then and I shall state now, I ride a bike and drive a car (not at the same time obviously!) and always try to be careful and courteous to ALL road users.

There are plenty of bikers out there who are complete idiots and bring scourn from other road users, but they are in a very small minority AFAIC. I have had plenty of near misses with car drivers who do not look and then have the obnoxious attitude of CWNG.

I was only reacting to his pathetic post and attitude and he seems to think he has the right of way all the time. I particularly 'loved' his comment of "They should know that car drivers are gonna pull out of a junction or that we are not always gonna use our indicators when you are trying to over take us" Try re-reading the highway code mate or the next time you pull out etc it may just be an 18 wheeler you going to make contact with. :wink: :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Consensus statement emphasises importance of COVID-19-secure workplaces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Yorkshire boat builders secure first export deal with UKEF backing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Kenya secure a trade agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: rollout of secure file exchange wins praise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Emerging Canadian leaders in the medical field secure UK Government's Chevening Scholarship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of veterans secure meaningful employment in civilian roles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public safety boost with more secure accommodation for prison leavers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKEF helps Lincoln exporter secure £750,000 worth of overseas business MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK defence teams up with world leading UK space company to secure next generation of military communications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKEF support helps secure £10 million worth of orders for Welsh tech exporter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fusion mission continues in Covid-secure working environment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £70 million funding to secure UK position as a world-leader in quantum technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: secure file exchange ‘sign-up’ guidance available MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government invests £10 million to help make future technologies more secure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Advice on staying secure during COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secure video calls to help prisoners maintain family ties MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government works with Southern Africa to support the development of a safe, secure and thriving marine economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New plans to safeguard country’s telecoms network and pave way for fast, reliable and secure connectivity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Enabling the safe, secure and sustainable use of Outer Space MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New measures to secure MMR vaccine for private patients MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cyber secure: the benefits of secure by default MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secure by Design - UK-Singapore IoT Statement MoD News 0
Ghost29 Raleigh secure locker Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS A peaceful and secure two-state solution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister announces £25 million cash boost for hospices to secure their future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Greater diversity needed to secure future health of the rail industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: A new and robust inspection regime for secure training centres MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Hundreds of secure stations keeping passengers safe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bradley confirms £300 million to secure Peace Funding for Northern Ireland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM: Launch of the NHS Long Term Plan marks an historic step to secure its future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Culture Secretary steps into secure Black Cultural Archives' future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The need to secure justice for victims of Da'esh crimes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK to tell EU it will no longer seek access to secure aspects of Galileo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government signals intention to secure tourism sector deal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK, US & France secure UN sanctions against Salah Badi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Marine and citizen scientists take to the seas to help secure a future for Atlantic Bluefin Tuna in UK waters MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British firms secure £2 billion of deals at Expo in Shanghai MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: My mission to make sure NHS staff feel safe and secure at work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Applications open to run country's first Secure School MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: A peaceful, secure, prosperous Libya through credible elections MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: RAF Valley’s future secure for next 25 years as restoration work is completed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Army's future is secure in Brecon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Marines Future "Secure" in Scotland MoD News 0
Good CO Site Connection now Secure (http:// -> https://) Site Issues 5
MoD_RSS News story: MOD signs £184 million contract to secure air-to-air missiles for the F-35 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Quantum random number generator microchip for secure communications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK helps secure UN Security Council Resolution on defeating ISIL MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Strengthening security with secure encryption keys MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary pays tribute to British military helping secure Afghanistan's... MoD News 0