Secret Pirate Interceptor Boat Trials

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Seaweed, Jun 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Competitive trials of new types of interceptor boats to combat piracy have recently taken place in Chichester Harbour. Priority has been given to eco-friendly designs and most entries appear to run on alcohol. The methane emitted under power is said to be at acceptable levels.

[​IMG]

At the same time carefully screened observers were allowed a glimpse of new action clothing designed tooffer concealment in hot climates, and a decoy island which it is hoped will lure pirates into a trap.

[​IMG]

An MoD spokesman said "We are always searching for new methods to combat the Threat."

High security was in force and the HQ for this exercise had been cunningly disguised as a pub.

2. Love it. :lol:

(Is this the annual raft race between 'The Ship' and 'The Royal Oak' in Langstone? I was at 'The Ship' and watched one of John's teams rehearsing last weekend.)

3. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Indeed Naval Gazer you have penetrated this secret experimental station. I take it you can navigate between the Ship and the Oak.

4. Going there's not so bad but I normally have to rely on autopilot to get back, especially in the dark. :wink: