Second uniform career

I notice that quite a few members of R.R. have moved onto careers with various police forces[or should that be "Services" in this fcuking P,C. age?] I cannot be the only member who moved onto the Prison Service.Every nick I worked in we had enough ex. R.N. staff of all branches to put a skelliton[however its spelt] crew on a frigate. I served as officer discipline and officer dog handler AT H.M.P,s Birmngham, Featherstone, Brixton, Long Lartin , Brinsford and detached duty at too many establishments to list.If you have anything in common please give me a buzz. Thanks Jesse.

wet_blobby said:
You probably bumped into a fair few ex matelots and booties who where out of uniform behind those walls as well mate eh? :wink:
Yes, their second uniform comprised black trousers, stripey shirt, facemask and kitbag that had been DC stamped "Swag".

wet_blobby

War Hero
Funnily enough this story was told to me by my old fella after a re-union.

Two ex booties chatting at the bar:

"I'm sure I recognise you mate, was it 42 in singers or 41 in Malta?"

"Nah mate, it was D wing, I was one of your screws, want another pint?"

Something similar at one of my Dartmouth entry re-unuions where it was announce that XXXXXX once again sent his appologies but as he had moved from Dartmoor to the IOW he was at least closer to us.

Wet Blobby asks "Did I meet any ex matelots or booties doing bird"? Very few I remember a retired Lt. Cdr. who would not pay his rates and a formerP.O. R.A.N. who was dealing in dodgy travellers cheques A P.O. towney of mine came outside bust up with his Mrs. and finished up banged up for forgery. These are the only ones I recall. But! i encounterd enough squaddies ex. and serving to form a regiment. Oh I almost forgot Terry Marsh the boxer who was a former bootie.