Second Time Stupid

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by phil1972, Feb 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is the UN we're talking about. Common sense has never been a part of the UN charter. Surely they could hire security like many shipping lines do in dodgy parts of the world, or ask any one of the member nations to provide a few troops. Not hard.

2. The UN is totaly spineless , spends years debating and never comes up with the required mandate , and even when it does most of the Countrys will not contribute manpower , NATO in Afganistan springs to mind , we must be fxxxxxxxg stupid , :sad:

3. Having read the article I would say that their is still a need for Sharia law in some parts of the world.

4. As ever the press play with our minds in the headline. As they pointout below this was a chartered ship to carry stores from A to B, security is the shipping lines problem, they took on the risk and probably have insurance cover. Had it actually been a UN Ship I suspect they would have wanted the equivalent of a US carrier battle group as protection.

Regretably this sort of piracy is endemic in quite a few parts of the world, so this incident is neither unique or particularly special.

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I suspect that Toni Bliar is, as we write, making plans to send the RN's ship to sort out the piracy problem :wink: :wink:

6. Don't think so. The RN ship has been moth balled.

7. If you have a job,

and if you can find them,

maybe you should hire,

THE RNR - DER DER DER DER, DER DER DER (A Team music)