Second thoughts on joining up / Job choice

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SphynxPawww, Jan 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been interested in joining the navy for a while now, but ever since finding this forum i see alot of people asking about certain job roles, and the reply's are usually negative, always saying how the job somebody is interested in or is in the process of recruitment, that its shite, boring and how its not what you think it is.
    And alot of guys are getting second thoughts, i wonder why that is?
  2. Because a lot of the comments are tongue in cheek from those of other branches maybe?

A lot of banter perhaps.

If all branches were shite, nobody would stay in, there would be no WO1's or CPO's in any branch either if you think about it.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Maybe if the questions started with;

"I've used the search function, but nothing has come up for this particular query......"

Rather than;

"Alright? I want to join up and all that. What are the waiting times? Do we get chips? What iron do i need to take?" (actually that is important) etc etc

Do y'see there?
  4. OMM

OMM War Hero

No job is going to be all excitement, there's ups and downs to every branch (granted some more so then others), you just have to pick what you like the sound of and crack on with it. Someone else may not enjoy it but you could...

Don't allow the codgers on here to put you off :grin: