second test for AET

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by davemac32, Feb 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i passed mt RT on thursday getting a high enough score to go AET. i've just been browsing the royal navy sight and it says their is a second test for AET before an interview, my AFCO never mentioned this and said as soon as he received my eye test results he would set up an interview can anyone enlighten me
    Cheers

2. Unless you mean fitness test

3. no its not the fitness test it says on the AET PDF anyone going for AET takes another test designed to find out your potential to develop the skills required

4. could be the standard FAA entrance test :wink: :wink: good at Ukers/ Bridge/ Drinking/Trapping/ Make and Mends/ Sport/ LWE Leave ETC :dontknow: :angel4:

5. hope so!! as long as i dont have another RT im happy cheers

6. I see what you mean. Either ask your AFCO about it or keep schtum and see what happens

7. ok cheers

8. Im starting on Feb 22nd and only had the one test. I believe there is an english and maths test when your at Raleigh,and the scores are used for your future prospects..

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Before everyone whips themselves up into a needless frenzy of angst, AET's used to sit an additional mathematics test, in fact the same one that Artificers used to sit. This is no longer the case & hasn't been for well over 24 months.

Doubtless the error on the RN website will be corrected, erm soon.

10. Okay then Davemac Md08 Hobo32 your in :wink: :wink: and Wafus from now on!!! :D Hands to Flying stations?? :wink: :wink:

11. Scouse you forgot Euchre!!

Sorry, thats Pinkies only. (Only ones in the crewroom long enough to learn the bloody game). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with your test davemac32 by t he way.

12. Thankyou fellow scouser! :lol:

13. Mines a pint in the Adelphi/Liverpool or Blobbs!!! :roll: :roll: If you ever hear the Bugle call for hands to flying stations. Now their is no longer a RM Buglar onboard?? :oops: :oops: You might like to sing the famous Fish head song :wink: :wink: Airy fairy, Airy fairy,to the flight deck you must go :) :) :D

14. On the Albion we had real Marine Buglers to wake us up in the morning and get us to work.

In fact a ship full of the buggers.