Searching on this site

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Marlin spike, Dec 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there some odd way of searching for something on here because I can't seem to be able to search for anything

• Like Like x 1
  2. You have my sympathy. I just tried and got zilch. :confused:

3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Are you using mobile internet or a pc?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

4. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

MOD Note:

Thread moved from RR's Greatest Hits to the correct forum.

5. I'm on a laptop Ex-J.

Search Results for Query: warfare
    1. No results found.

6. Ha ha! System is broken! I got this!!

Search Results for Query: submarine
    1. No results found.

7. No, that's correct SB.
    You're not supposed to find them ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Blackrat

Odd.

Search Results for Query: submariner
    1. Sun dodging, beard wearing, water avoiding hotchers who spend their time ashore locked in cupboards to recreate their last patrol. Heavy drinkers and admirers of Ladyboys.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Blackrat

Even odder.

Search Results for Query: warfare
    1. Something that the Army and the Royal Navy excel in, which usually results in endless stories of derring do and interest from women of a dubious nature, and even more dubious personal hygiene.
    2. Something avoided where possible by the Royal Air Force whose idea of warfare is something to be conducted via the ameneties of a 5* hotel, resplendant with spa facilities, on site tennis and high class prositutes. Alternatively, it can be spent guarding an airfield, which can result in PTSD in later life.

• Like Like x 3
  10. You say that like it's a bad thing!

11. What's a 'hotcher' and ANYONE can admire Ladyboys.............

12. Oops, when the site went down on Monday we forgot to rebuild the search cache. I've just started it so it should be sorted in an hour or two.

13. Should be sorted now

14. Just for Blackrat, I searched for "pongo" and it came up with "swamp dwelling troglodyte" so it seems to work ok.

• Like Like x 1
  15. What is a Hotcher o wise one ?.

16. It's a weird pongo term for superior beings, I believe it's a form of salutation from the Army to the Senior Service.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Glad that is sorted , Mr c**t agreed with me that they needed a lump hammer to pull as they chuck up so much.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  18. As this is Site issues.......yes I have been posting a lot more lately and no I will not be going into meltdown again as of last year and ruining the site for everyone. I now have someone looking after my interests on a daily basis and they can spot the hyper/dangerous side of bi-polar a mile off and put me in my place PDQ. Also helps with the shitty low end aswell so life is good.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Blackrat

Search Results for Query: hotcher
    1. A person who goes to great lengths to avoid the use of soap and water. Usually, this behaviour is found in tramps and those who spend their time browsing internet sites of dubious legality.
    2. Someone who has produced a smell from one's bottom of such foulness that those within a certain radius either have 9 seconds to don a respirator, or must make like Usain Bolt and run like the hounds of hell are at their heels to avoid producing a pavement pizza.
    "Fuck me. What's that stench? It's like someones dragged a two week old dogs corpse in out of the sun and covered it in raw sewage"

"Don't look at me. It's that hotcher over there. He's clearly been eating out of date ham again. The hotching fucknut.

20. In the olden days, one could go to ones own Profile Page and be reminded of what Threads had been started. It could be me being thick but I'm buggered if I can find that function now.