Searching for old shipmate

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Civrasien, Mar 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Desperately seeking my old mate Elwyn Powell, from Ellesmere Port. He joined up in 1965, we were in the same batch of recruits and last time I saw him he was in the Firestation at Culdrose (about 1970).

Can anyone help me?
  2. Thanks guys, been that route, but worth another try I guess
  3. Go to Library get the phone book for Elsmere Port photostat page of Powell's ring them all and you will find at least one who is a relative.

4. Or try, which will cost but currently shows 10 Elwyn Powell's on UK voters lists. If you do a advance search approx age etc you can narrow that 10 down a bit. Also may know his wifes name etc.

5. Thanks Nutty, but I'm in Italy! I've searched the electoral role and got an address and phone number. Phoned, but person who answers doesn't know my mate.
  6. Civrasien

Have you tried an advert in Navy News ?? - they have a 'Looking for old Shipmates section' You may get lucky via this route.
  7. Thanks everyone, after many years of trying to locate my mate, I've found him. He was in the same place I left him 20 odd years ago !
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Where? Under a care home in Jersey?! 8O :oops: :wink:
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Chockhead: I take it you didn't read his latest post... :?
  10. sgtpepperband and chockhead819, thanks for your comments but you should try reading my last comment.
    Chockhead 819, I was a bombhead and was probably in Baghdad before your were in your dads bag!