searching for more info on my father

Hello i am hoping i can get a little help. my father recently past away and was a very proud Royal British Marine. i remember him talking about the run rations aboard ship. i am filling out papers and with his discharge papers so old it is hard to tell what his rank was. it looks like Mne but am not too sure. if someone out there has an idea of what the ranks ment that would be great. my mother and i just found out he was a petty officer. PO/X 115 ...

thanks in advance for the help

RoofRat

War Hero
POD go and have a look through this web site, somewhere in there you should be able to find someone who can help you.
BTW your father, unless he was in the Royal Marines, and the RN at different times, is not likely to have had the Rank of Marine and a Petty officer.
RoofRat

http://www.veterans-uk.info/

Mne definately stands for Marine which is similar to the Army rank of Private. What makes you think he was a Petty Officer? The PO/X might of been his service number.

Good Luck

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R searching for info on Raymond Dutton HMS Fulmer, 1946 Nearest & Dearest 3
Ms Pompey Dragon SEEKING FOR HELP-SEARCHING INFO FOR TONY AGNEW RN, Ret. Nearest & Dearest 1
S Searching for a ship's bell Nearest & Dearest 5
M SEARCHING Site Issues 1
M Searching on this site Site Issues 20
P searching Nearest & Dearest 3
MoD_RSS News story: Searching for the military engineers of the future MoD News 0
E Searching for HMS St. Vincent "Briers" Bases / Shore Est 3
G Searching for a father Diamond Lil's 23
K searching for my uncle The Quarterdeck 2
4to8 Searching The Gash Barge 0
5 Searching for Info on Korea 1950 History 3
C Searching for old shipmate The Fleet Air Arm 12
slim Royal Navy searching for gay recruits Diamond Lil's 14
ProudNavyWife(tooBe) searching Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Searching for Family Member Nearest & Dearest 1
A Searching records in National Archives of RN Ratings to 1923 History 1
4 SEARCHING FOR 43 (RM) COMMANDO VETS (1942-1945) The Corps 0
MoD_RSS Test and Trace service reaches more than 250,000 people since launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political campaigning online to be made more transparent under new rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New funding to double nursing apprentices and help deliver 50,000 more nurses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK pledges more aid for Beirut crisis at global summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 4,000 extra police officers to fight crime as recruitment continues MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plastic carrier bag sales slashed by more than 95% since 5p charge introduced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More businesses set to benefit from government loan scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England to build more inclusive industry that meets the needs of diverse communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurse numbers continue to rise with 13,502 more than last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pay rises for doctors, police and more in the public sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building a greener, more resilient global economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 10,000 fish released into the Great Ouse MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual publishes more details on appeals and confirms autumn exam arrangements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More firms can now benefit from the Future Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Universities can bid for more healthcare course places MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £22 million emergency coronavirus funding for more than 540 sexual violence and domestic abuse charities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hot weather warning issued to people shielding and more vulnerable groups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More Kuwaitis studying in the UK than ever before: op-ed by Michael Davenport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Groceries sector more competitive after seven years of GCA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government provides further halt to business evictions and more support for high street firms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Returning students given more time to apply for student finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England contracts Vistry Partnerships to develop more than 900 homes across two schemes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Primary schools to be given flexibility to bring back more pupils MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More face-to-face hearings as additional courts reopen across Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government invests £10 million to help make future technologies more secure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More face-to-face hearings as courts reopen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 17,000 helped to get home from across Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK deals will bring millions more PPE items to frontline healthcare staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to bring home more British travellers from Central and South America MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More inquiries and hearings to be held virtually in June MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £1million funding creates jobs and helps communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government significantly boosts UK PPE supply with more than 100 new deals MoD News 0