Searching for HMS St. Vincent "Briers"

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by EllenCallet, Mar 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I am trying to locate a person who attended the boys school of HMS St. Vincent in 1961. His last name was Briers. I do not know his first name. He was in the Anson Division, 351 class in 1961. I know that he won the High Jump in a school track and field competition in 1961. I have a photograph of him I would like to use in a commercial. I have permission from the HMS St. Vincent Association who own the copyright, but I also need permission from Briers himself for use of his likeness. Any assistance you can give me regarding how to locate more information on Mr. Briers would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at [email protected] if you have contact info or know Briers first name.
    Many thanks, Ellen
  2. Knew a Reg Briers on HMS Brilliant contactable through their Association Web Site. Never know your luck but he'd be in the right age bracket
  3. If you head over to the forces reunited website and enter 'Briers' into the name search engine you'll find an entry for a couple of years earlier than what you have given Ellen. If you are 100% sure of the dates then this entry won't be what you are after although the name Briers isn't one as common as Smith LOL.