Sean Penn, what an ocean going thundercunt.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by 2_deck_dash, Feb 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who gives a flying fcuk what Sean Penn thinks? The fact he has stepped out of his comfort zone as someone who plays "dress up and pretend" for a living and has taken a step into grown up territory that he knows the square root of stuff all about is most definitely in my "non-newsworthy" category.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Throwback to the days when he couldn't handle Madonna, all because she played a certain Argentinian lady, this bloke is a waste of space and holds no weight with his inane comments about things that he knows very little. Get back in your box Penn.

3. Quite right Broadside, sense of humours and tempers have frayed over the fence in Pongo land, I'm hoping the Senior Service
    will treat it as the feed of shiote it is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Where's Team America when you need it?

5. As Sean Penn isn't exactly a political heavyweight, i think it's all going to be ok.

6. So from that do we assume he is the descendant of a Native American? Doubtful, so keep out of other countries business - twat. Or are his rating low this month. They say bad publicity is better than no publicity. The ******!

Madonna obviously sucked too many brain cells from him!!!

7. Personally I could never stand this twat with his supposed Irish Freedom cries for the IRA then off to Haiti to do good and go on the box saying how good he's doing down there.
    I accept he's made some decent films but I'd be hard put to watch much by him.
    Same old story,muscular little moody hard man giving orders although some were decent.

8. What do you expect from the chap who said that people who called Hugo Chavez a dictator should be arrested? I find that one ironic, to say the least. Whether he is a dictator or not, I don't know enough about it to say, and is frankly irrelevant, because he's all for locking up those who disagree with him
    Sean Penn: Journalists who call Hugo Chávez a dictator should be jailed | World news | guardian.co.uk

In reality, he's in essence going against the 'progressive' views he claims to hold, by saying that what the Kelpers want is irrelevant, they have no right to self-determination, because they are near another country that wants their land. Doesn't sound very 'progressive' or whatever to me. Sounds more like he's the one with colonial views here.

9. The joke is really on poor deluded Mr Penn, if he cares to read history and in particular the history regarding South America he will find that ALL those individual States were colonies in their infancy, colonised by Spain, Portugal, a smattering of French (cough) and a soupcon of British, so the very last thing any of them need is some mongrelised third rate "actor" moralising on the ludicousness of "British Colonialism" when he is the product of latter day colonists in the Norte Estado Unidos who did the same to the natives as the crowd down south, sorry Seany Daaaahhhling!

10. If this issue is causing Mr Penn so much concern I suggest he start in his own back yard..............give Texas back to the Mexicans, Hawaii (which is not exactly 'local') back to the Hawaiians, Oregon and Washington back to 'us'...... and thats before we start settling the claims of native americans, and then, maybe, some compo for all the slaves forcebly taken from their own lands...............the man's a fcukwit !...........end of rant.

• Like Like x 2
  11. [h=1]Sorry chaps, but the nob head is at it again, this time with Crabby Bill in his sights!

Shut up, Sean! Now big mouth Penn tells us we have NO right to send William to the Falklands in his second attack on Britain in two days[/h]
    • Left-wing U.S. actor says sending Duke of Cambridge is not necessary
    • Hollywood star in Uruguay as he continues South American tour
    • Comes day after he labelled Britain 'colonialist, ludicrous and archaic'
    • Argentina surrender telex set for auction in April
    By Gerard Couzens

Hollywood actor Sean Penn has criticised Prince William's deployment to the Falklands in a second attack on Britain in two days.

Madonna's ex-husband was condemned as 'moronic' by Tory MP and former Army officer Patrick Mercer yesterday for claiming Britain's continuing hold on the Falklands was 'colonialist, ludicrous and archaic'.

But the left-leaning actor showed he cannot keep his mouth shut over the islands by accusing the UK of 'insensitivity' for posting William to the disputed South Atlantic territory and labelling Britain a colonial dinosaur for the second day running.

The double Oscar winner went on the attack again after a meeting with Uruguayan president Jose Mujica in Montevideo - less than 24 hours after he savaged Britain over the Falklands during his visit to Buenos Aires to see the Argentine president Cristina Kirchner.

Penn, who once called for U.S. president George W. Bush to be impeached over the Iraq War, met both state leaders in his role as Ambassador-at-large for Haiti.

He condemned criticism of his attack on 'colonial' Britain as 'hyperbole' and again insisted on calling the islands by their Spanish name of Las Malvinas.

Grinning smugly as he praised Uruguay as a 'model of development in the world' he added: 'My oh my, aren't people sensitive to the world colonialism, particularly those who implement colonialism.

'It's unthinkable that the United Kingdom can make a conscious decision to deploy a prince within the military to the Malvinas, knowing the great emotional sensitivity both of mothers and fathers in the United Kingdom and in Argentina who lost sons and daughters in a war of islands with a population of so few.

'There are many places to deploy the prince. It's not necessary, when the deployment of a prince is generally accompanied by warships, to send them into the seas of such shared blood.'

Penn, who has received praise from crackpot Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez, insisted he was proud of America's long-standing alliance with the UK but felt he had the responsibility to criticise when criticism was due.

And he said that while he understood and respected the wish of people living in the Falklands Islands to remain British, they should also understand the need for Argentina and Britain to negotiate the sharing of the islands' natural resources.

In an ugly attack on the press before ending his address to newsmen after his meeting with Uruguay's president, he added: 'Good journalism saves the world. Bad journalism destroys it so to all of you good journalists in the room I thank you. And the rest I will leave you to your own reflections.'

Penn, who had no previous knowledge or connection with the Falklands, later left by a side door of the skyscraper where he had met Jose Mucija, disappointing fans who had travelled miles to see him.
    His comments have incensed Falkland veterans and islanders ahead of the 30th anniversary of the Falklands conflict.
    Patrick Mercer added: 'What on earth has this got to do with Sean Penn? He’s neither British nor Argentine and seems to know nothing about the situation judging by this moronic comment.
    ‘A good number of his movies have been turkeys, so I suppose we shouldn’t expect much better coming out of his mouth.’

Penn waded into the row over the disputed territory’s future after he met President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner in Buenos Aires on Monday, by insisting he was ‘firmly’ on the side of the South Americans.
    Tensions between the UK and Argentina have been running higher than usual after Prince William’s deployment to the islands as a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot. Penn’s remarks will further inflame relations as the anniversary of the start of the Falklands War approaches on April 2.
    A total of 255 British soldiers were killed retaking the islands after an Argentinian military junta invaded the ‘Malvinas’, as the Falklands are known in Spanish, in 1982, while 649 Argentine troops died.
    Tory MP Andrew Rosindell, secretary of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on the Falkland Islands, attacked the actor’s comments as ‘nonsense’.
    He said: ‘He shows complete ignorance of the issue if he comes out with nonsensical statements like that. In the 21st century people have a democratic right to their own future.

'It is Argentina that is trying to impose its wishes on the people of the Falklands. As an American he should remember that freedom is precious, and it is something his countrymen have defended around the globe.
    ‘He must understand that the UK is equally entitled to defend the freedom of the people of the Falklands, even if they are 8,000 miles away.’
    Dick Sawle, a member of the Falklands Legislative Assembly, said: ‘I don’t know Sean Penn’s films or what he looks like so I know as much about him as he does about the islands. His remarks are ridiculous.’
    Even comedian Jim Davidson weighed in. Davidson, patron of the Falkland Veterans Foundation, said: ‘The fact of the matter is Argentina broke all the laws of the UN and attacked the Falkland Islands. What’s next? Do we expect the French to land on the Channel Islands and do nothing about it?

‘I think the world today is not going to tolerate any kind of ludicrous and archaic commitment to colonialist ideology.’ Britain has said repeatedly that those living on the Falklands – which have been in British hands since 1833 – have the right to decide under which country they want to be governed.
    The 3,000-strong population has declared its wish to remain under British rule. Argentina has made a formal complaint to the UN over the UK’s supposed ‘militarisation’ of the South Atlantic, based on the Type 45 destroyer Dauntless being ordered to the region, as well as Prince William’s deployment in his RAF role.
    [h=3]A HOLLYWOOD REBEL WITH EVERY LEFT-WING CAUSE

As the acknowledged king of Hollywood’s liberals, there is scarcely a single fashionable Left-wing cause Sean Penn has not championed in recent years.[/h]Vehemently anti-Republican and achingly trendy, he counts Fidel Castro and Venezuela’s hardline president Hugo Chávez among his friends.

He has also made anti-American propaganda visits to Iran and post-war Iraq.

Penn has met Chávez at least twice and defended the Left-wing leader, arguing that anyone calling him a 'dictator' should face jail. He has also said: 'Chávez may not be a good man. But he may well be a great one.'

Penn even once took out a £40,000 full-page newspaper advertisement to attack President George W Bush for his ‘simplistic and inflammatory view of good and evil’.

Later he would call for Bush and former vice president Dick Cheney to be jailed for 'deceiving the American people into a war (Iraq) that was murdering young men and women'.

Last October Penn visited ‘inspirational’ post-Gaddafi Libya.

The 51-year-old actor, who was married to Madonna from 1985 to 1989 and has two children from his second marriage to Robin Wright which has also now ended, was reported to have flashed a V for Victory sign as he arrived in Tripoli fresh from visiting Egypt.

Amid even Tinseltown’s numerous famous bleeding hearts then, Penn stands out.

But despite his tough political posturing the Oscar-winning star of Milk and Mystic River is also famously sensitive to criticism.

When he was lampooned as a naive egotist in the 2004 satirical puppet movie Team America: World Police, he complained bitterly.

In the film, written by South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, a puppet of Penn made outlandish statements about how happy Iraqis were before the war.

But while Alec Baldwin, George Clooney and Matt Damon all saw the funny side to the film, in which they too were parodied, Penn sent Parker and Stone an angry letter inviting them to tour Iraq with him and signing it off with '**** you'.

Parker explained: 'In the movie we were making fun of him for always saying "I’ve been to Iraq, you don’t know what you’re talking about, I’ve been there", and then he writes in the letter "I’ve been to Iraq...".'

More recently, Penn set up a charity in Haiti following the 2010 earthquake in the country. It led to him being named 'ambassador-at-large' by President Michel Martelly, which is why the actor was visiting Buenos Aires.
    He has also championed causes such as gay-rights and America's poor, as well as supporting countries most Americans would consider to be enemies.
    On screen he won an Oscar for his portrayal of homosexual politician Harvey Milk and appeared in a promotional advert for the Occupy movement.
    In 2005 he helped rescue people in New Orleans, Louisiana, who had been injured by Hurricane Katrina. But some thought it was merely a PR stunt.
    The Mystic River star has also visited Iran, Iraq, and Cuba - and most recently has been seen in Libya (following the fall of Muammar Gaddafi's regime) and Egypt (after Hosni Mubarak was ousted).

The MoD says the deployments are ‘routine’. The Royal Navy is also sending a nuclear-powered submarine to patrol the islands. In a fresh development, it was announced yesterday that all British-flagged ships will be boycotted by Argentina’s transport workers’ union.
    'Should we give Gibraltar back to Spain because Spain is nearer or do you think the Gibraltarians have a say?’
    Penn, who called on Britain to join UN-sponsored talks over the islands, said: ‘I hope that diplomats can establish true dialogue between the UK and Argentina in order to solve the conflict as the world today cannot tolerate ridiculous demonstrations of colonialism.

12. You have raised some salient points there Flags, ******* Septic or is it Irish American? Whatever one of those is when it's at home.

13. I'm amazed that he called us the United Kingdom and not just "England". I wonder how many Septics are saying "who" and "where"?

14. Discussing the twat at all is a complete waste of bandwidth!

15. Next thing you know, he'll be claiming he's descendent of William Penn, founder of Pennsylvania.............colonialist bastard ! :slow:

16. As an abused minority on RR I think I might give a **** what Penn thinks.
    It's not right that you bastards gang up on him. Colonialist twats.
    I fought like **** during the Falklands war, i saw lots of my mates die and came back mega depressed and suffering with PTSD.
    I fuckin wish had been on the British side amigo.

17. What a pity he didn't leave by the top floor window!

18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Brit slagging still in vogue in Hollywood then?

Stand by yer beds, the next "sort the world out 'case I'm famous and know **** all" fcukwit Bono will probably agree with Penn, they'll join forces with Dan Quayle and save the penguins from extinction in the North Pole.

At least the days of that prostitute murdering senator Kennedy or how ever you spell it walking around Belfast spouting shite died with him.