Seamanship Apprenticeship Training

Ryan Lowe

Midshipman
I have read the available threads but was wondering if the training had changed, as I understand it

- 10 weeks Raleigh basic training
- 1st sea phase
- leave
-4 weeks Raleigh
-2nd sea phase
-gain MCA efficient deck hand + MCA basic safety training

but unsure as to what happens next as I read on the website 16 weeks at Collingwood is this correct if so what would it be doing i'm guessing knots/ signaling / RAS

bobbybrown

Lantern Swinger
I have read the available threads but was wondering if the training had changed, as I understand it

- 10 weeks Raleigh basic training
- 1st sea phase
- leave
-4 weeks Raleigh
-2nd sea phase
-gain MCA efficient deck hand + MCA basic safety training

but unsure as to what happens next as I read on the website 16 weeks at Collingwood is this correct if so what would it be doing i'm guessing knots/ signaling / RAS
Good afternoon,
If your enquiring about the RFA, all I know is you have an induction week and I think it’s now 6 weeks of functional skills, this includes: maths, IT, ENGLISH.
Then I assume you’ll start learning your branch stuff. If you go to the Royalnavy.mod.uk and search your role it should tell you exactly how long and where you’ll be.
I am a former Chef apprentice, the training officer at HMS Raleigh is really nice always made my group laugh so if when you get to Raleigh and are unsure of things he is there to help and is approachable!

Ryan Lowe

Midshipman
its more of what happens affter you finish your second sea phase as i have read that you go onto do 16 weeks at collingwood

Skylarker

Lantern Swinger
Hi Ryan, first of all if this this is your real name i advise you to change it for PERSEC reasons.

Secondly at Raleigh your first seven weeks are all about maths and literacy, functional skills and all that, after that 7 weeks i am uncertain of the training timeline however 3 weeks after functional skills at Raleigh does seem a bit soon, hopefully someone will be along soon with more helpful information.

You can always contact RFA Recruiting and ask them the timeline.

Ryan Lowe

Midshipman
Hi Ryan, first of all if this this is your real name i advise you to change it for PERSEC reasons.

Secondly at Raleigh your first seven weeks are all about maths and literacy, functional skills and all that, after that 7 weeks i am uncertain of the training timeline however 3 weeks after functional skills at Raleigh does seem a bit soon, hopefully someone will be along soon with more helpful information.

You can always contact RFA Recruiting and ask them the timeline.
cheers, not my real name just an ace football manager

Latest Threads