Seaman Apprentice, January 2016 course.

Discussion in 'RFA' started by SJC26, Nov 30, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

Anybody else starting in January? A couple of us thought it would be good to get to know who else is on the course

Not long left now!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good idea SJC. I'm on the Steward course starting the week before you and a few of us have been "chatting" since August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Me! As you already know!

4. Anybody joining in 11 January as deck hand

5. I'm in for the May intake, and reserve for Jan, however recruitment haven't told me which yet. Emailed them to ask when I'd expect to know for sure they said they'd let me know in the next 4 weeks, that was 4 weeks ago... Now they're closed for Christmas. Is it safe to presume I'm definitely on for May not Jan?

6. I'm in the same situation as yourself but, for the comms course. On a reserve list for course commencing 03/01/16 but, due to start 17/04/16. It is certainly safe to assume that I'm not on the January course as just over a week away. Wouldn't have chance to hand sufficient notice in either. Sure you're in the same boat (excuse the pun). I'm actually still waiting on my SC also which is a pain. Was hoping to have that sorted before Christmas

7. Ok well I guess when January rolls round we'll know for sure!

8. Sure the date will just go past without event. Not long to wait though in all honesty though.

9. I'm actually planning to apply in May for this apprenticeship. The only bit I haven't been able to find much information on is the actual interview in the joining process. How was it and is there anything I should study or know before I apply. Any and all information on joining would be much appreciated. Also how's the physical side of things during training? I know it's not the RN basic training but would be training in the same location and I can't seem to find any info on this. Thanks to anyone who can help me, feel free to inbox me

10. Everything you have asked has been posted a thousand times before on this forum.