SeaKing cancer link

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I have just been sent this link regarding SeaKing exhaust fumes and cancer.
Along with many others I have spent lots of time on deck breathing in the fumes from burning and turning cabs.
I guess the aircrew like @Waspie and handlers like @Chris P will also be exposed.
Please tag anyone else in who you think may benefit from knowing this.

This is the first I heard of this and like the Asbestos link to Seaking I had to hear it from outside sources.
I will keep an eye out for any official notices about this as I would like to think something will come out.

I hope that things work out well for Zach.

Last edited:

Waspie

War Hero
Along with many others I have spent lots of time on deck breathing in the fumes from burning and turning cabs.
I guess the aircrew like @Waspie and handlers like @Chris P will also be exposed.

This is the first I heard of this and like the Asbestos link to Seaking I had to hear it from outside sources.
I will keep an eye out for any official notices about this as I would like to think something will come out.

Thanks, most folk I know are aware of the problem. Certainly all the aircrew I know. There is a facility for claiming from the MOD, to date I know of no-one that has received anything from them.
I don’t have any symptoms.
Spent all my time around dodgy stuff and find it strange the most dangerous are the bits we were never briefed about until after!!!
That’s life I guess.

Chris P

War Hero

Thank you kind sir, most of my time was Wessex V's, only 'Skin' exposure was as a hangar rat on the Big E. Stokes used to have a good go at choking us from time to time though and I'm sure there were plenty of 'other things' back in the day.

Latest Threads