SEA TIME V'S TIME SERVED

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by horseshoof, Oct 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I HAVE BEEN BLACK CATTED.. 9 YEARS SERVED.... 8 DAYS AT SEA..THERES ME THINKING I WOULDNT BE BEATEN. ONE GUY HAS 14 HOURS IN 8 YEARS! NOW THATS A SIGN OF GOOD DRAFTING. CAN THAT BE BEATEN!!

2. Please stop shouting.

It's very poor form.

3. Left the Ark (820) Aug 1989 went back to sea on Lusty (801) July 2001

11 Years and 11 months between sea time!!!

Not exactly a black cat, but good drafting.

4. We always reckoned that 'Wafoos' should have had their own rig...as the public mistakenly thought they were real sailors....

8) :D

5. 6 years - Negative sea time!

6. 6YRS SEA TIME 12YRS IN :wink:

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Last 12 years seagoing service (prior to transferring to NCS): 11 years 140 days Sea Service.

8. FFS the drafty not like you :roll:

9. He hated me, 33 years in, 21 of them sea service and most of my shore time was on courses...perks of a shortage category branch :(

10. Ninja_Stoker

To be fair, I volunteered for sea service rather than be shore based.

Like many I joined to go to sea, but fully appreciate the "woo-world" is different & certainly don't begrudge the many £1000's lost in seagoing pay & paying food & accommodation charges ashore paid by those that prefer to serve on an air-station.

11. Thats fine, keep your sea pay, and I'll keep my £260 ghp per month. I appreciate that the top 10% of the Navy are swept up and put in the fleet air arm.. dont be bitter please, those exams at school weren't really that hard!

12. :roll: So no Far East for you H, what a shame :lol: :lol: [​IMG]

13. Malaysia 6 weeks, vegas 2 weeks. All hotels...how ya like ya eggs!

14. 6 weeks in Malaysia 8O 8O shall we go through the round window today children!!!

15. Wafu's, yawn, pulling the 'shouldve done better at school' line, well as a WE i did rather well at school, and have no hang ups about my branch or the sea time involved, which is considerably less than the average dabber. I mean if I wanted to be a crabfat wannabe with zero dits but shit loads of Helston/Yeovil time I couldve quite easily joined the loathing gits and been as successful as an AE as I am as a WE, but alas I have had an extremely varied career, currently learning to be a Medical and Dental tech at Arborfield, which like the Gib draft I had for 2 and a half years, wouldve never come my way if I opted to be 'superior' woo.
    Back on track, 20 yrs done with only 10 at sea.

16. Ninja_Stoker

:roll: As stated elsewhere & repeated for the benefit of those perhaps not as luminary, as they would wish to portray:

The top scorers in the recruiting test join the Warfare branch as Communications Technicians whereas the lowest recruiting test score for entry into the 'seagoing' Naval Service is within the Fleet Air Arm. RAF Air Engineering Technicians require GCSE's & start on the higher pay band - RN AETs don't & aren't, the top academic achievers become Medical Officers, the best looking are Marine Engineers, the top physically fittest blokes join the Royal Marines, the top beard growers & sandals wearers are Hydrographers, the top mirror-checkers are Divers ....

Each to their own- those that wish to brag about being in the Navy without any credible time at sea are fully entitled & deeply respected for doing their vital jobs ashore in Afghanistan & elsewhere.

Those that do neither are the offspring of hamsters with the aroma of elderberries, richly deserved of flatulent companionship. :wink:

17. Nope - just means that wafoos couldn't be trusted at sea !! :razz:

18. Now, now boys.

This bitchiness is disgraceful!

You are all one Royal Navy. It is a proud and magnificent Navy, the best in the world. It should produce men, not bickering little boys.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. This thread could have been a bit of fun but instead, it has turned into a playground affair of "mine's better than yours".

*is wondering where the 'mother hen' gene came from*

19. pp, matelots are and always be bitchier than a room of WAGs, especially when it comes to our relevant trades, none of it is ever meant with any seriousness, so dont get in a pickle.

20. lol - I know!

I have worked in a largely male environment my whole life and it astounds me that you chaps can be as bitchy, if not bitchier, than us girls...

The mother hen comment was meant to demonstrate that I am scolding you in fun too :wink: