Sea pay for a failed civvy

Discussion in 'UPO' started by anchor_face_⚓️, Dec 30, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Team, I was wondering if anyone could help! I left the RN about 5months ago, the career path I wanted to go on has far from went according to plan, anyway I never hated the the Andrew and am considering joining back up, if I did, how is my sea pay affected on rejoining? Do I stay on the same pay? Or does it drop down? Many thanks in advance.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Your accumulated sea service normally carries over, likewise you will quite possibly go back on the same pay increment if the break in service is less than 12 months - assuming you left by submitting notice, were recommended further service, were discharged fully fit & have no break in conduct...and you rejoin your original branch on the trained strength.

Ultimately, the approval to process letter will detail rate of pay and revised increment basic date upon re-entry.

Good luck.
  3. You are truly ninja, many thanks for the info.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Where it goes a bit pear-shaped is if you join another branch following a break in service. You'd technically join as a part-trained re-entrant and as such, would possibly not join on the same pay increment or carry over your seniority into a new branch. For example a killick stoker ain't going to join as a RM Corporal, obviously.
  5. Yep all understood, I want to join back up in the same branch as I left so that shouldn't be a problem. No complications here! Just miss it as much as a love it ha ha