Sea Eagles led by Penguins--Pen and Sword Aviation ISBN 978 1 47382 113 2

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by epsom salt, Sep 21, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This book tells the story of incompetent Senior Officers

being responsible for the death of so many young aviators.

Non aviator Captains are singled out for blame.

2. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

I reviewed it sometime ago (review lost in the site update). It is badly written and not well researched.

It is the thoughts of one man, all be it someone who served but it still lacked academic rigor.

4. Lt(P) RNVR Henry Amyas Adlam . Lacking academic rigour? Harrow and University education. Thoughts of one man? 757 890 and 1839 NAS's-- 7 different aircraft carriers. last job DLCO on Colossus.
    Badly written and not well researched? Henry is now blind.

5. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

But if you read the Amazon reviews they point out that what he may have had in first experience, he lacked in actual knowledge of what was going on in the wider naval world. Its just another 'nasty officers not knowing what they were doing' rant which is why Norman loves it so.

6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Your cover is shit Epsom Norman Q;

Do one. When you get there, do another.

7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Your lack of academic rigour reminds me of some Internet throbber who mocked the concept of 'Hobbes World' as - he argued - Hobbes had famous, learned oppos who sent him mailies.

8. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Doesn't change the fact it lacks a coherant narrative and difficult to read. If I had not been reviewing it I would have stopped reading after the first few chapters.