Sea City Band School

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Yep, watched it, thought it was a decent watch.

Interesting to note the band are now recruiting singers & guitarists. Was surprised to see one of the guys going for drummer bugler could hardly squeeze a note out of it (he failed) and the singer who wouldn't step off a 5 metre diving board, pass - although she sounded a pretty decent singist. At the end, she jibbed training, which did not come as a surprise - those first 15 weeks military training at the Commando Training Centre are gruelling & I'd guess that's where she bailed-out, although I could be wrong.

Downside? It didn't accurately portray the high standard these young musicians arrive at RNSM but on a positive side, it did show the holistic angle of selection - it ain't just about being musically proficient.

I couldn't decide whether the female RN PTI had better tatts than the RM PTI - too close to call ;)

I did wonder why she left after being so happy about getting through....if that's the case at least they aren't slipping standards just because she was a good singer!!! I used to play clarinet but quit when it wasn't cool, I regret that now, only made grade 6 but would have been really into joining from school!!! The one who failed the bugle might have just been nervous but didn't really seem bothered about any of it.....

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I took the slow train to RM Deal for my audition many moons ago, whilst still in secondary school. To my lasting regret, although I got offered a place, I got a job nearer to home instead, hated it, left, joined as a Stoker instead. Same difference.