SDSR

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by canteenflat, Feb 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just read that the appointment as PJHQ/ROT/WCDSL002/ACDSLO has been transferred to UKMARBATSTAFF-COMUKMAR as MA10A Trouble in the Near East or SDSR kicking in early?

2. Now that I've actually found this post, I understand what it means.

And it means someone is moving from MARBATSTAFF to PJHQ in the course of a Normal Appointment. The Officer concerned is absolutely awesome, brain the size of a planet and looks like Mr Burns......

3. So does it mean we're on the brink of a Third World War or not?
    My wife is beside herself with anxiety and thinking of cancelling her hair appointment.

4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

It does look like she needs a wee makeover to cheer her up. Living with you doesn't seem to inflate the excitement level above super dull.

[​IMG]

5. How on earth do you think a move to the training/event margin of the Battle Staff means that 3rd World War is about to break out? Is this an attempt at banter, or are you just off your meds?!

6. Do you really need to ask ?

7. I believe that canteenflat posted on this subject to illustrate what a load of bollocks these abbreviations are. Problem with abbrevspeak only those immediately concerned are enlightened, others are merely confused, many will not ask what the abrespeak means because they are frightened to show their ignorance and are afraid that they will be mocked.
    So I have no idea what those letters are suppossed to represent and take the piss out of me if you wish. I of course will feel free to reply with abrevspeak from my own industry. So until then FRO

8. Whats FRO mean?

9. What a breath of fresh air. It was my intention to illustrate what an absolute load of rubbish these abbreviations are. It clearly makes the recipients feel more important. Tankies would now, presumably, be called something like ABic-colsto/ssdutyman-meat products/logistics..

10. Well, where did you find this appointment notice?

11. In mod--198/sitrepcopsdesorg-continfleet.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
  12. So not a public site then? You wonder why it's in JPA-ese?

Give me strength.

13. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Oh sweet Jesus, that means that throbber is inside the wire. Hope he's one of the 25%.