Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SDSR

C

canteenflat

Have just read that the appointment as PJHQ/ROT/WCDSL002/ACDSLO has been transferred to UKMARBATSTAFF-COMUKMAR as MA10A Trouble in the Near East or SDSR kicking in early?

Now that I've actually found this post, I understand what it means.

And it means someone is moving from MARBATSTAFF to PJHQ in the course of a Normal Appointment. The Officer concerned is absolutely awesome, brain the size of a planet and looks like Mr Burns......

C

canteenflat

Now that I've actually found this post, I understand what it means.

And it means someone is moving from MARBATSTAFF to PJHQ in the course of a Normal Appointment. The Officer concerned is absolutely awesome, brain the size of a planet and looks like Mr Burns......
So does it mean we're on the brink of a Third World War or not?
My wife is beside herself with anxiety and thinking of cancelling her hair appointment.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
My wife is beside herself with anxiety and thinking of cancelling her hair appointment.

It does look like she needs a wee makeover to cheer her up. Living with you doesn't seem to inflate the excitement level above super dull.

How on earth do you think a move to the training/event margin of the Battle Staff means that 3rd World War is about to break out? Is this an attempt at banter, or are you just off your meds?!

slim

War Hero
I believe that canteenflat posted on this subject to illustrate what a load of bollocks these abbreviations are. Problem with abbrevspeak only those immediately concerned are enlightened, others are merely confused, many will not ask what the abrespeak means because they are frightened to show their ignorance and are afraid that they will be mocked.
So I have no idea what those letters are suppossed to represent and take the piss out of me if you wish. I of course will feel free to reply with abrevspeak from my own industry. So until then FRO

C

canteenflat

I believe that canteenflat posted on this subject to illustrate what a load of bollocks these abbreviations are. Problem with abbrevspeak only those immediately concerned are enlightened, others are merely confused, many will not ask what the abrespeak means because they are frightened to show their ignorance and are afraid that they will be mocked.
So I have no idea what those letters are suppossed to represent and take the piss out of me if you wish. I of course will feel free to reply with abrevspeak from my own industry. So until then FRO
What a breath of fresh air. It was my intention to illustrate what an absolute load of rubbish these abbreviations are. It clearly makes the recipients feel more important. Tankies would now, presumably, be called something like ABic-colsto/ssdutyman-meat products/logistics..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Twenty-one Ten SDSR Query Joining the Royal Navy 6
MoD_RSS Speech: First Sea Lord speech on SDSR 2015 and the Royal Navy MoD News 0
S When is SDSR due? Current Affairs 20
Good CO Sunday Times - RAF 'to double Fast Jet squadrons' in SDSR, Army to do badly... Current Affairs 27
rn458scc SDSR 2015 The Fleet 69
soleil RUSI: "Let Debate Commence: Key Strategic Questions For the 2015 SDSR" Current Affairs 2
Strangelove Glimpsing SDSR 2015 (blog) Current Affairs 5
Naval_Gazer Defence Select Committee Report, SDSR and NSS ( Merged Threads) Current Affairs 7
U SDSR bites-Ouch! The Quarterdeck 12
soleil Telegraph: "Col Tim Collins Blames SDSR Cuts On 'Jealous' Civil Servants In MoD" Current Affairs 14
NZ_Bootneck You think SDSR was bad. Current Affairs 3
W MoD Fury at SDSR Leak Current Affairs 6
soleil Two Six TV - Post-SDSR Interview With The First Sea Lord Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: SDSR: Military Chiefs Fight Private Education Cuts Current Affairs 5
Hermes_R12 SDSR: Sea Harrier - Sharkey Ward Speaks up for his son. Current Affairs 10
Hermes_R12 SDSR:- Did the Type 42s survive the cuts? Current Affairs 50
soleil T'graph: "SDSR: Royal Navy Has Greatest Job Losses And Cuts" Current Affairs 0
J SDSR 2015 - Idle and ill informed speculation... Current Affairs 4
soleil RUSI: "Has The SDSR Secured Britain's Place In The World?" Current Affairs 1
9 Recruitment Post SDSR 2010 (Merged Threads) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
soleil The PM's Statement To The House On The SDSR In Written Form Current Affairs 3
Hermes_R12 Latest SDSR update BBC - Live Current Affairs 3
alfred_the_great SDSR starts.... Current Affairs 0
soleil T'grph Graphic: What The SDSR Will Mean For Our Armed Forces Current Affairs 0
soleil RUSI: "Key defence questions to be addressed in the SDSR" Current Affairs 1
soleil Press Association: SDSR To Be Published In 2 Parts Next Week Current Affairs 12
soleil Telegraph: "Navy Fury At 'Underhand' Army Tactics In SDSR" Current Affairs 7
W SDSR again - Shock news a Minister does his job! Current Affairs 12
Jimpy RNR post SDSR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 146
soleil BBC: "Defence Chiefs & Ministers To Debate SDSR @ NSC Today" Current Affairs 9
A Navy Matters review of the SDSR Current Affairs 6
deano_navy SDSR news article. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
soleil T'graph Gen. Sir Richard Dannatt: SDSR: Britain Is At Stake Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: SDSR: 4 Future Scenarios & How They Might Play Out Current Affairs 3
Hermes_R12 SDSR - Strategic Defense and Security Review Concluding Oct Current Affairs 9
soleil Defence Journal: "The SDSR: A Crossroads For The Royal Navy" Current Affairs 4
soleil FT Article by Max Hastings re the SDSR Current Affairs 4
Naval_Gazer Strategic Defence and Security Review (SDSR) 2010 Current Affairs 20