SDSR bites-Ouch!

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Uckers Cocky Dai, Mar 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Inverse Square law in the light of SDSR cuts has resulted in a strange anomaly. No longer, it seems, for every warship sent to the knackers yard without replacement--a further Flag Officer's post is to be devised. Not so appealing for them now their gardener benefits have been removed perhaps? Better off to pension as a mere Captain maybe, with no danger of any ships left to have to go to sea in.

2. You really need to work on your grammar.

3. Sorry Norm, you lost me there

4. Which post? Don't leave me in suspense, my appointer hasn't got in touch!

5. I should think his grammar can look after herself, Doc.:-D

6. I think that the Norm speak babel fish interprets that as "although warships are being de-commissioned, no new Flag posts have been invented to keep the hossifers happy", but I could be wrong.

7. By Jove! I think Wrecker has it!

Seems thats what Norm was mumbling about

8. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Does he come with an "Uckers ;D English, English ;D Uckers" 2 way dictionary as standard?

I seem to have mislaid my copy.

9. What I think Cocky Dai was trying to say. Translated from English into that language
    which normally involves a lot of spit being spat on each others clothing. Thanks to
    the Interweb and one of them free down-loadable translators.
    Makes perfect sense to me, it does, so it does, look you.

r Inverse Sgwaria chyfraith i mewn 'r chyneua chan SDSR archollion has resulted mewn 'n anadnabyddus afreoleidd-dra.
    Na 'n bellach , hymddangosa , achos 'n bob cadlong 'n anfonedig at 'r knackers ardd heb replacement - a ymhellach Ddiffygia
    swyddog s bostio ydy at bod cymynroddedig. Nage yn apelio atyn awron 'n hwy arddwr buddion dynnwyd atfydd? Gwella off at
    bensiwn fel a mere Capten efallai , ag na beryg chan unrhyw llongau ar ôl at ca at cer at aig i mewn.

See? It's all perfectly clear now.:slow:

10. I vote for most epic post ever.

11. I know.That eventful night when my school was bombed--My beloved Scholars Etymological Dictionary went with it.
    Downhill since, sadly.
    Ending sentences with prepositions
    Confusing oxymora with hyperbole
    Splitting Infinitives

The new African
    Asian intake is leaving we native speakers light years behind -gramatically at least, and otherwise perhaps? Is it "we" or "us". Perhaps one of our Fijian or Zimbabwean colleagues will advise.

12. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Which one are you?

assistive_tech1.jpg

Or

mb5mr4.jpg