Sculpture to mark Scotland/England border.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Stirling, Jul 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I reckon this pointing North would be better:

2. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What is wrong with Hadrian's Wall? That has marked the boundary for long enough and helped keep the English out of Scotland! :)
  3. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

Seriously it needs to be something that represents the best of our shared culture and heritage...

... so that'll be statues of Marvin from the Scheme and Vicky Pollard then!
  4. And Vice-Versa :-D
  5. And who is paying for this then?
  6. I would hazzard a guess at the English taxpayer via various routes of money moving, but I could be wrong.

7. As our rich neighbours I would hope so.
  8. Shame it isn't an Englishman creating the sculpture then.
  9. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

My father inlaw comes out with that pish all the time, despite living in Sheffield where the sum of **** all of the population have jobs. He does not care for the view that most likely the South East of England and a handfull of other economically productive areas subsidise the rest of the country regardless of nationality. Typical Yorkshire, "Ah don't know much, but you can't tell me owt!".
  10. So that'll be English taxpayers then. It may seem pish to you but it's true pish.
  11. Shame it's not a Scot either.
  12. Shame it's any twat, what a waste of money. Ain't the sign post big enough to see. Funny I never have any problem knowing when I pass the divide.
    Never mind when they throw some of the old bastards out of a local nursing home for lack of funds, perhaps a trip to see it will cheer them up.