Screw the banks.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by drunken_engineer, Oct 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From today's Times:
    With the banks coming cap in hand to the taxpayer, shouldn’t we impose monthly penalty charges for administering an overdraft facility?
  2. All the shiny-arsed money dealers, up to and including the chancellor and his jockinese predecessor, should be put on the minimum wage and made to work the requisite hours until they've sorted the situation out.
    F*%&ing W*ankers.

3. Ah, so Britain and our colony over the pond have finally abandoned the iron laws of economics and replaced private capitalism with welfare capitalism: the bankers keeps any profits whilst the suckers (ie taxpayers) reap all the losses.
  4. Canada has the world's soundest banking system, closely followed by Sweden, Luxembourg and Australia, a survey by the World Economic Forum has found as financial crisis and bank failures shake world markets.

But Britain, which once ranked in the top five, has slipped to 44th place behind El Salvador and Peru, after a 50 billion pound pledge this week by the government to bolster bank balance sheets.

Meanwhile over here on the Emerald Isle the other half is burning the midnight oil helping the Englanders wishing to join the Irish banking system.
  5. Stuck mine in the national savings and premium bonds a good few years
    ago as I'm a bit of a coward re.risking cash.It should be safe with the Government but you never know.
    Sometimes I thought about the interest I was losing re.premium bonds but a few £50 wins over the years made it more acceptable.
    Never thought banks would go belly up like this,maybe the bosses paid everyone too much over the years and they still have it.
    Why don't they sell some of the enormous bank buildings they own?some in London are worth a fortune.
  6. maybe the bosses paid everyone too much over the years

Maybe they paid themselves too fukcing much eh?
  7. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Barclays bought out the bankrupt Lehman Brothers in the states for £1.35 Bn, the New York office alone is still valued at £975M so not a bad days work for someone.
  8. United States has........
    George Bush
    Johhny Cash
    Bob Hope
    Steve Wonder
    England has................
    Gordo the Brown
    NO Cash
    NO Hope
    and NO fcuking Wonder
  9. Loved the quote I saw in one of the papers this week: at a Senatorial Hearing a Senator asked the Boss of the failed Lehmans Bank (Not verbatim) "you have destroyed your bank, the current economic world climate, yet YOU walk away with $450 million dollars - DO YOU THINK THAT IS FAIR ?". Unfortunately, the reply was not printed.
  10. Was reading in the paper over here that when that bank was going pear shaped the bosses tried to pay themselves a bonus of ten million each. What a load of Jodrell Bankers. Top knob paid himself two hundred million over five years! At night I often wake he said worried sick. Feck me pass me my violin.