Scouting for Boys

I think that the title is correct. Baden Powell life has been examined and he certainly had a leaning towards young boys/men.
However the Scouting movement he started was an extremely good thing. He however got the idea from the founder of the Boys Brigade.

Being a Scout Leader at the moment and having read the book, I can assure you if it were written today it would never be published and the author would face some fairly tough questions from the police as to why, and this is a direct quote, "I would spend days out in the woods with one or two of the local boys"

8O 8O

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
BigglesAEO said:
Being a Scout Leader at the moment and having read the book, I can assure you if it were written today it would never be published and the author would face some fairly tough questions from the police as to why, and this is a direct quote, "I would spend days out in the woods with one or two of the local boys"

8O 8O
because the answer that he desired to violate their pubescent little rickers would not be well received. Presumably. Now if he were a member of the Catholic Church...

BigglesAEO said:

8O 8O
Of course he would take two. The Scout motto is "Be Prepared". What if one of them split!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
RachelC Charity 1