Scousers

#1
THIS IS A POSTING FROM MAY 2007 AND WAS RESURRECTED Edit 3.6.08



The Merseyside contingent have gone very quiet since they came second in Greece. Once again various citizens of that city either entered or attempted to enter the stadium with forged or no tickets. Then again they are entitled to do that cos they are jolly, joking Skallywags. Do we detect a pattern by Liverpool fans of attempting to force their way into stadiums without a valid ticket. I seem to remember that has happened before.

Nutty
 
#10
Nutty said:
Do we detect a pattern by Liverpool fans of attempting to force their way into stadiums without a valid ticket. I seem to remember that has happened before.

Nutty
Yes, but the repeat offending rate is quite low…
 
#12
I have loads of time for scousers , similar mentality to Geordie's and a great social life , good and bad every where , you have to deal with it on a individual situation . :roll:
 
#13
Oil_Slick said:
Nutty said:
Do we detect a pattern by Liverpool fans of attempting to force their way into stadiums without a valid ticket. I seem to remember that has happened before.

Nutty
Yes, but the repeat offending rate is quite low…
Oh thats a bit low 8O .




Still PMSL though :lol: :lol: .
NZB
 
#15
dondon said:
I have loads of time for scousers , similar mentality to Geordie's and a great social life , good and bad every where , you have to deal with it on a individual situation . :roll:
I have known and still know plenty of people from Liverpool and yes they are sound.

However this is not the first time this has happened with Liverpool, The other European cup final and Hillsborough I cannot remember many occurences with any other teams supporters.

If it was not for the strict/some might say over the top police then there would have been thousands and thousands of extra fans (Most drinking all day) in a space not adequate to take them.

This was averted or another tradjedy could of occured.

This is a sensitive subject, but this is the third occurence with the same fans.

You cannot blame the police all the time
 

carlm

Lantern Swinger
#18
For once i agree with what most of you are saying about scousers. I was shocked that after what has happend in the past the fans with fake tickets didn't think about what the consequences could be with to many people in the stadium, but to be honest if I was outside the ground with a (real) ticket and after paying £600 pound for a flight and was not allowed in I would try and force my way in. The people who went in with fake tickets should be ashamed of themselves. :evil:
 
#19
Just to add my 2 penneth worth, not everyone who supports Liverpool are scousers, ergo those at the match tyring to get in with forged tickets were not necessarily scousers.
 
#20
After Liverpool secured their place in the final and knowing the price of flights etc would soon rocket, everyone booked their trip. This was BEFORE the ticket allocation was revealed and BEFORE the club decided to issue the tickets by ballot. 2 years ago people with 6 champions league stubs where guaranteed a ticket, this simply wasn’t the case this time round due to the lack of tickets available .What are you going to do if you don’t get a ticket? Not go?

I’m not trying to justify what happened but, you can’t tell me that this wouldn’t have happened to another club with a fan base the size of Liverpool’s.

Final point Nutty, if you’re trying to draw comparison with Heysel or Hillsborugh (neither of which had anything to do with ticket allocation), I suggest you READ the details of what caused both disasters and not provoke shit-stirring.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
janner Miscellaneous 14
scouse The Fleet Air Arm 8

Similar threads