ScouseMouse needs Navy Nouse.

Hi, most of the details are on my profile which I started on 26/8/19.

I'm in the process of enrolling for a Level 3 Welding and Fabrication Course at College. Spoke to my Mum and she remarked that apparently it bears very little weight for when I'd eventually get in. I registered and have begun the process, I'm awaiting my medical and psychometric test to be scheduled, I intend on running the application in parallel to my College Course so I can walk out of that into the Navy. I'm concerned that a year down the line, all that effort won't be recognised by the Royal Navy and I'll have to restart the entire process of retraining.

I need advice and guidance on what you think I should do.

Thank you.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Ok, I'll have a go......

Are you suggesting that your welding & fabrication course will teach you all the things that the ten week course at RALIEIGH will cover?

pompeyexpat

War Hero
I'm a little confused as to what it is you think the RN should recognise; and what you think joining as a qualified welder brings. We don't recruit welders. What element of your training (and you haven't said what you're intending to join as) do you think you should be excused?

Regardless; you aren't in the Navy and I'd suggest you continue to progress with an alternative career path so that you've got something to fall back on should your application fail at any point or your find yourself discharged during training for any reason.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
I'm a little confused as to what it is you think the RN should recognise; and what you think joining as a qualified welder brings. We don't recruit welders. What element of your training (and you haven't said what you're intending to join as) do you think you should be excused?
Thanks for that, I was beginning to think it was me...….

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Recreational sea anglers are calling for greater consideration of their needs and better regulation of commercial fishing practices, says new study. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England to build more inclusive industry that meets the needs of diverse communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Green recovery at the heart of this year’s Bees’ Needs Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting local areas to prioritise and meet the needs of children and young people with SEND MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMCI commentary: the future of area special educational needs and disabilities inspections MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Yemen needs international help to escape tragedy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Adapting teaching practice for remote education at a special needs secondary school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £37 million to support children with complex needs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting the wellbeing of primary pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to offer testing for “everyone who needs one” in social care settings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Safeguarding system needs to do more to protect teens and infants from abuse and neglect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Third of FTSE 100 board members now women, but Business Secretary says more needs to be done MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lets build on the stability that business needs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government needs to do more to improve the welfare of separated families MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MAJOR REVIEW INTO SUPPORT FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Helen Stephenson CBE: Regulating charities in line with changing needs in society MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government invests £142 million in building communities to deliver the homes the country needs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: A different philosophy: why our thinking on flooding needs to change faster than the climate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Education Secretary to work with sector on special needs funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bees' needs: public urged to support pollinators MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Tech merger may reduce options for people with communication needs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Antimicrobial resistance needs an urgent global response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New free schools to benefit children with additional needs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New funding to support children with special educational needs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Matt Hancock: NHS needs to widen search for best leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Britain needs its allies to stand with us against Russia: article by Boris Johnson MoD News 0
TechFin Anyone know the needs of the service for Aircrewman right now? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
G RAF Towed Target 'Rushton' needs a new home, historical interest.. History 13
(granny) Granny needs a new computer. Bloody Computers 10
soleil Mirror: "Britain Needs A Bigger Navy And Fast, To Combat Russian Threat" MoD News 90
BillyNoMates TV needs another Quiz Show Diamond Lil's 5
soleil Pompey News: "Navy Boss On Why Britain Needs Its Carriers Back" The Fleet 3
soleil Pompey News: "Royal Navy Needs Two More Destroyers Now Says Admiral" The Fleet 0
C Channel 5 needs you and your diy disasters The Quarterdeck 10
janner Who needs handles Miscellaneous 4
Good CO RRPedia reborn and needs your input Site Issues 20
soleil Defence Management: "The RN Needs A Radical And Coherent Vision For The Future" Current Affairs 3
T Operation Warriors Return Needs Your Help! Charity 0
soleil Telegraph: "Britain Needs A Citizen Army To Fight Its Wars" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
C Tanzi needs a cuddle Diamond Lil's 7
oldseadog Charity needs Container Charity 0
trelawney126 Forget Portugal, The US needs Baling Out The Gash Barge 2
soleil Scotsman: "Navy Needs Four Nuclear Subs Or Defence Will Be At Risk, Warns Liam Fox" Submariners 5
soleil BBC Scotland: 10:45 PM - Wednesday 23rd February 2011 - "Who Needs Trident?" Submariners 2
soleil Guardian: "Navy Needs Protecting To Protect Us All" Current Affairs 11
finknottle Cameron needs to get his priorities sorted. Current Affairs 21
C HMS Cavalier Needs Your Votes Current Affairs 46
soleil Defence Mngmnt: "Why The UK Needs The Joint Strike Fighter" The Fleet Air Arm 6
WreckerL This bloke needs therapy Diamond Lil's 9
soleil Britain Needs Navy To Provide Firepower, Not A Ferry Service Current Affairs 4