ScouseMouse needs Navy Nouse.

Hi, most of the details are on my profile which I started on 26/8/19.

I'm in the process of enrolling for a Level 3 Welding and Fabrication Course at College. Spoke to my Mum and she remarked that apparently it bears very little weight for when I'd eventually get in. I registered and have begun the process, I'm awaiting my medical and psychometric test to be scheduled, I intend on running the application in parallel to my College Course so I can walk out of that into the Navy. I'm concerned that a year down the line, all that effort won't be recognised by the Royal Navy and I'll have to restart the entire process of retraining.

I need advice and guidance on what you think I should do.

Thank you.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Ok, I'll have a go......

Are you suggesting that your welding & fabrication course will teach you all the things that the ten week course at RALIEIGH will cover?

pompeyexpat

War Hero
I'm a little confused as to what it is you think the RN should recognise; and what you think joining as a qualified welder brings. We don't recruit welders. What element of your training (and you haven't said what you're intending to join as) do you think you should be excused?

Regardless; you aren't in the Navy and I'd suggest you continue to progress with an alternative career path so that you've got something to fall back on should your application fail at any point or your find yourself discharged during training for any reason.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
I'm a little confused as to what it is you think the RN should recognise; and what you think joining as a qualified welder brings. We don't recruit welders. What element of your training (and you haven't said what you're intending to join as) do you think you should be excused?
Thanks for that, I was beginning to think it was me...….