Scouse Slim and Fred.were Skin and Pontius was just a twinkle in his Fathers eye

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by scouse, Sep 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I must try harder to perfect one of those Pathe narrator voices; they'd go down spiffingly in the Colonies. I do like the carefully designed white camouflage paint :-D (yes, I realise its significance for the newly-embarked 'H' bombers). They all look pretty light, given the launch and trap approach speeds, so they're probably 'H' bomb-less.......but they still can't hover :notworthy:

As for me being a twinkle; I don't think I was even that then. 3 years before I was born = a lot of water under the bridge for the young Bootneck that was/is my Dad :)

2. Yes i was on there 63 - 65 Port watch flight deck my eldest step-brother was a deck PO and gave me all the Shite jobs.
    Anyway it was a funny commish first we had the cabs in the montage, then the Mark 1 Bucc,s took over from the Scimiters (I cant find my pics of them). we also had these two trials a/c the mark2 bucc and the Mark 2 Vixen.
    And just for nostalga Me and my oppo,s of the port watch lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  3. I think your right Scouse, i seem to remember the Flyco pipe for them when landing was "Standby to recieve the Boscombe Bucc and the MinTec Vixens"

4. At least 1 pic of a Scimitar, going off the cat. Will have to see if I can search out some of 803 squadron, when on the Vic.