Scouse Slim and Fred.were Skin and Pontius was just a twinkle in his Fathers eye

I must try harder to perfect one of those Pathe narrator voices; they'd go down spiffingly in the Colonies. I do like the carefully designed white camouflage paint :-D (yes, I realise its significance for the newly-embarked 'H' bombers). They all look pretty light, given the launch and trap approach speeds, so they're probably 'H' bomb-less.......but they still can't hover :notworthy:

As for me being a twinkle; I don't think I was even that then. 3 years before I was born = a lot of water under the bridge for the young Bootneck that was/is my Dad :)

fredtubb

Lantern Swinger
Yes i was on there 63 - 65 Port watch flight deck my eldest step-brother was a deck PO and gave me all the Shite jobs.
Anyway it was a funny commish first we had the cabs in the montage, then the Mark 1 Bucc,s took over from the Scimiters (I cant find my pics of them). we also had these two trials a/c the mark2 bucc and the Mark 2 Vixen.
And just for nostalga Me and my oppo,s of the port watch lol

Attachments

Last edited:

fredtubb

Lantern Swinger
I think your right Scouse, i seem to remember the Flyco pipe for them when landing was "Standby to recieve the Boscombe Bucc and the MinTec Vixens"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
N Diamond Lil's 55
Hideous Social & Reunions 0