Scottish Independence

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Val the Gal, May 23, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was going to put this in Current Affairs or News but then thought better of it. If Scotland gains its independence as a result of the upcoming referendum, the remainder of the UK will be known as the "Former United Kingdom" (FUK). In a bid to discourage the Scots from voting "yes" the English government has begun a compaign with the slogan "Vote NO for FUK's sake." They feel that Scottish voters will warm to this. (Diving for cover ... now.)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. It's still pretty baltic up here, and will be again by September. Cheers to whoever decided that the switch to "summer" rig is a UK wide occasion. In a Scottish Navy summer rig would be be for one week in August, to be announced half way through once the official announcement of summer has been made.
  3. It's strange to think of a Scottish navy ... or army or air force. Would a lot of tartan be involved.
  4. Be interesting to see the chain of command too. :glasses8:
  5. The Jocks and The English

Well said Wee Eck as he let rip a fart
    Time for us Jocks and the English to part.
    Independance from the England its all about
    Is everyone with me he started to Shout
    What about our benefits the unemployed said
    Will all these bawbees come frae Scotland instead.
    Said Eck full employment there's going to be
    And giros from the English your nae gonna see
    We will stand on our ain twa feet for a change
    For you loafing bastards it will feel very strange
    Out of bed every morning as the cock crows
    No more watching those Jeremy Kylle shows
    Eight hours a day for Five days a week
    A brand new routine for you all to keep
    So into the polling booth and have your say
    Feck that said the loafers were gonna vote Nae
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

We can but hope.

7. Are they the Bay City Rollers? It's so long ago I can't remember! And I certainly don't remember them being only 12 years old. But then, again, maybe I was too.
  8. The good, the bad ...

TartanOfficer.jpg TartanMilitary.jpg
  9. Have I missed a BR3 change? What is the switch to summer rig please? I am still wearing a tie when I cant be bothered to thread my shoulder boards on, trop shirt with slides when feeling scruffy, and the last time I wore a wooly pully would have been for an early morning Specials on the focs'le about 3 1/2 years ago. Feel I might be breaking a rule somewhere??

PS: I used to do evening rounds in a fine set of Ancient Campbell Trews with my Red Sea Rig, and still get them out with Mess Kit for Burns' Night.