Scotsman: "Making The Case For Our Defence"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Jan 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I really don't see how the SNP have the right to whinge about defence matters. Do they automatically think that should they get their wish and England is hacksawed off at the border that everything left north of the border automatically becomes Scottish?

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

"Angus Robertson MP is the Westminster SNP Leader and defence spokesman. His Moray constituency is home to RAF Kinloss and RAF Lossiemouth"

That hes a Westminster MP probably gives him the right to question policy and voice his opinion.

You do raise an interesting point and one I suspect he is acutely aware of. With possession being 9/10ths of the law, or so they say, does it not make sense for a Westminster government to move its dwindling assets south.

3. ... which is called "conflict of interest" in the books of anyone except a politician.

4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I wonder what the comments will be in the next decade when the SM fleet only runs out of Faslane. Probably a lot of drips from down south.

5. There will be calls for UN sanctions. Iran, etc. has shown that the international community will not tolerate 3rd world nations with unstable leaders to hold a nuclear arsenal. :winkrazz: