Scotsman: "Fault Forces Nuclear Sub To Quit Trials"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Apr 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Air Conditioning again perhaps?

2. ....................Glad your Warfare and not destined to be an Engineer!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  3. When you get to a boat don't play with any valves pre-fixed AC, you will annoy a few people. In fact, as you're going as warfare, just don't touch any valves.

• Like Like x 1
  4. In all seriousness, any indication of the actual cause or how serious it is?

Won't be long until the Guardian and company start laying in to the new boats being leaky or rusty again; and they are no longer first of class either.

5. If you promise to keep it to yourself, what happened was.........

6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

What's so strange?

I had two new ships. One broke down in the Clyde and was rescued by a passing tug, and the other broke down off the Tyne in the middle of a Measured Mile which was in use by a BFO civilian tanker at the time. HMS Blake was stuck in the middle of the Pacific with no power for days .. If you can't take a joke ..

7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

InWaiting wrote
    Although it has already been intimated (probably too subtley for your huge brain) anyone who does know won't be posting what they know here until the MoD ( that's Ministry of Defence - not Rum Ration's moderators ) have released details.

It may be that it is no big deal and the press see tugs and ropes and assume a vessel is not under its own power. If the media don't know something, they make it up and credit 'a source'. The boat may be in RN hands but she is still doing sea trials, the purpose of which is....? Go on, figure it out.

8. Of course I understand people on here can not / will not tell me.
    Instead what I meant, was if anyone had heard from any other sources.

And no, I don't automatically believe everything I read in the news, they do indeed often make things up or exaggerate them for their own gain.

The purpose of sea trials is to iron out issues before sending the boat on active duty as well as test the abilities of the boat.

9. ..............They're not answering the phone^~

10. Be afraid, be very afraid.

11. Are you REALLY hoping to go in as a) and Orifice and b) a Submarine Orifice?

• Like Like x 1
  12. A person who claimed to have been there at the time said it was just a cold move.

13. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I wondered if she had been ambushed.

14. That was very artful......

15. Astute of you to notice, perhaps the boat was being cleaned with Ajax, me Anson.

Go on, fit Agamemnon in there.

16. So I says to this French stoker who came to fix my cooker, aga mem non

• Like Like x 2

17. A game, mn, on......... (at a pinch! With a Wardroom stutter!)

18. Brilliant.

19. Fair enough....twat :)