Scotsman: "Fault Forces Nuclear Sub To Quit Trials"

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
When you get to a boat don't play with any valves pre-fixed AC, you will annoy a few people. In fact, as you're going as warfare, just don't touch any valves.

InWaiting

Midshipman
In all seriousness, any indication of the actual cause or how serious it is?

Won't be long until the Guardian and company start laying in to the new boats being leaky or rusty again; and they are no longer first of class either.

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
What's so strange?

I had two new ships. One broke down in the Clyde and was rescued by a passing tug, and the other broke down off the Tyne in the middle of a Measured Mile which was in use by a BFO civilian tanker at the time. HMS Blake was stuck in the middle of the Pacific with no power for days .. If you can't take a joke ..

Seadog

War Hero
InWaiting wrote
In all seriousness, any indication of the actual cause or how serious it is?
Although it has already been intimated (probably too subtley for your huge brain) anyone who does know won't be posting what they know here until the MoD ( that's Ministry of Defence - not Rum Ration's moderators ) have released details.

It may be that it is no big deal and the press see tugs and ropes and assume a vessel is not under its own power. If the media don't know something, they make it up and credit 'a source'. The boat may be in RN hands but she is still doing sea trials, the purpose of which is....? Go on, figure it out.

InWaiting

Midshipman
Of course I understand people on here can not / will not tell me.
Instead what I meant, was if anyone had heard from any other sources.

And no, I don't automatically believe everything I read in the news, they do indeed often make things up or exaggerate them for their own gain.

The purpose of sea trials is to iron out issues before sending the boat on active duty as well as test the abilities of the boat.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Of course I understand people on here can not / will not tell me.
Instead what I meant, was if anyone had heard from any other sources.

And no, I don't automatically believe everything I read in the news, they do indeed often make things up or exaggerate them for their own gain.

The purpose of sea trials is to iron out issues before sending the boat on active duty as well as test the abilities of the boat.
Are you REALLY hoping to go in as a) and Orifice and b) a Submarine Orifice?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Penny pinching scotsman gives to charity. Diamond Lil's 0
soleil Scotsman: "Royal Oak’s New White Ensign For Remembrance Day" History 1
soleil Scotsman: "Sea King Helicopter In Glencoe Emergency Landing" The Fleet Air Arm 16
soleil Scotsman: "Body Of Man Found At RM Condor Near Arbroath" The Corps 0
soleil Scotsman: "600 Royal Navy Personnel May Be Stationed At Rosyth " Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil Scotsman: "HMS Unicorn Drops To Dock Floor" History 8
soleil Scotsman: "Anti-Pirate Wildcat Helicopter Unveiled By Royal Navy" The Fleet Air Arm 8
soleil Scotsman: "Rule Britannia: Life On Board The Royal Yacht" The Quarterdeck 0
soleil Scotsman: "Royal Navy Helps Fight Dumfriesshire Fire" The Fleet Air Arm 0
janner The Arab and the Scotsman Miscellaneous 0
soleil Scotsman: "Admiral Lord Cochrane: Scotland's Forgotten Hero" History 3
soleil Scotsman: "Royal Navy Navigator Says Meeting Brad Pitt 'Wasn't Too Shabby'" RFA 2
soleil Scotsman: "Minister 'Misspoke Over Fast-jet Pledge For New Carriers'" The Fleet 0
janner The Scotsman (Is this Finks?) Miscellaneous 1
soleil The Scotsman: "Capital Welcomes Armed Forces Day" Current Affairs 1
soleil Scotsman: Enjoy A Spot Of Naval Gazing As HMS Edinburgh Drops Anchor In Leith The Fleet 0
soleil Scotsman: "Navy Needs Four Nuclear Subs Or Defence Will Be At Risk, Warns Liam Fox" Submariners 5
soleil Scotsman: "A Few Good Men: The World War II Heroes In Search Of Recognition" History 0
soleil Scotsman: "Transport Minister Under Fire - For Real" The Corps 4
soleil Scotsman: "Making The Case For Our Defence" Current Affairs 6
The_Caretaker Englishman, Irishman and a scotsman Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Englishman, scotsman and a jew Miscellaneous 0
soleil Scotsman: "Royal Marine Decorated For Saving Shot Comrade" The Corps 2
soleil Scotsman: Huge Navy Vessel Docks In Capital After £37m Refit RFA 5
soleil Scotsman: "Spending Breakdown U-Turn - Defence Cuts Fear" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Scotsman: "Garden Tribute To Fallen Marines" The Corps 0
soleil Scotsman: "Our Navy is still doing a Grand Job" Current Affairs 0
soleil Scotsman: "School's RM VC Hero honoured at Memorial Move" The Corps 1
soleil Scotsman (Opinion): "No wonder Jack Tar's jolly ......" Current Affairs 0
soleil Scotsman: "Scotland and the RN win fight for Defence cash" Current Affairs 0
soleil Scotsman: "SNP will let English keep military bases" Bases / Shore Est 10
soleil Article on Devonport/Faslane in the Scotsman Bases / Shore Est 15
janner There was a Scotsman an Italian and a Chinese man The Gash Barge 2
The_Caretaker Scotsman American and a Irishman Diamond Lil's 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "RN Suffers 'Embarrassing' Fault With HMS Queen Elizabeth That Delayed UK Sea Trials Of F-35" The Fleet 8
soleil Western Morning News: "Major Safety Probe As Fault Grounds Military Helicopters" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Pompey News: "Mechanical Fault Leads To Delay In Frigate Heading To The Gulf" The Fleet 0
jambosun Malware Nightmare (Wife's fault!) Bloody Computers 18
soleil BBC: "Fault Grounds Aircraft At Cornwall Royal Navy Base" The Fleet Air Arm 12
Oil_Slick How to lose an insurgency - It's all Bush's Fault! Current Affairs 492
Not_a_boffin Are ships getting uglier and is it Cherie Blairs fault? The Quarterdeck 46
soleil BBC R4: Wed, 23rd September 2020 - 3 PM - Money Box Live - Armed Forces Financial Help Finance & Pensions 2
MoD_RSS CNC joins forces with Kent Police in new community patrol initiative MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for armed forces community to contribute to the Frontline Project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CNC achieves silver award in supporting the armed forces community MoD News 0
soleil Armed Forces’ Pay Review Body - Forty-Ninth Report - July 2020 The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS 127 new employers awarded for supporting the armed forces community MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and India join forces on new £8 million research MoD News 0
soleil Armed Forces Pay Review Body - 49th Report - 2020 Finance & Pensions 3
MoD_RSS Armed Forces personnel to receive 2% pay rise MoD News 0